Vattenfall delivers smart solutions for our customers' energy needs – regardless of whether the customer is a private household, a big corporation or an entire city. Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands are our main markets.
The sales operations are part of the Distribution and Sales operating segment that stands for slightly more than a quarter of Vattenfall's underlying profit.
Smart energy solutions
Vattenfall aspires to deliver energy solutions for everyday life, which entails offering customers smart energy services and opportunities to be more environmentally conscious. Apart from sales of electricity, gas, heat and cooling, we offer package solutions including:
charging stations for electric carssales and installation of solar cellssolutions for energy efficiency improvementenergy advice
Our ambition is to offer the best value to every customer in the form of agreements, service, environmental profile and add-on services. We offer various tools for controlling and monitoring energy use, risk management and market information.
Energy efficiency services are becoming an increasingly important part of our customer offerings. The ever-changing energy landscape requires continuous adaptation of our offerings in order to meet the customers' needs.
In Sweden and Finland, Vattenfall offers EnergyWatch, a web based tool that allows customers to check their electricity use in real time.
- 6.2 million private electricity customers in four countries
- 4.3 million network customers in two countries
- 1.9 million gas customers in two countries
- Total electricity sales: 122.8 TWh in 2012
- Total gas sales: 52.4 TWh in 2012
- Total heat sales: 20.4 TWh in 2012
- Market share 27 per cent of the Swedish retail market
- Market share approximately 80 per cent of the retail market in Berlin and Hamburg. Total market share in Germany is 8 per cent.
- Market share 30 per cent of the retail market for electricity in the Netherlands
- Market share almost 30 per cent of the gas market in the Netherlands
- Leading provider of district heating in Germany
- One of the five largest providers of district heating in Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark