Vattenfall is a leading developer and operator of wind power.
Our wind power operations
We operate over 1000 turbines in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Together, these turbines generated almost 6 TWh of electricity during 2016.
Future wind power operations
Vattenfall sees significant growth opportunities within wind power, though profitability is dependent upon support systems.
Wind energy projects that are under development or we have begun to build include, for example:
- The Horns Rev offshore wind farm (407 MW), off Denmark's west coast. Horns Rev 3 will be commissioned in 2019/20 and will supply enough electricity to power 425,000 Danish homes.
- Vattenfall decided to invest approximately GBP 335 million (corresponding to approximately SEK 3.7 billion) in an offshore wind farm (92 MW) off the coast of Aberdeen, Scotland. The wind farm is expected to be operational in 2018.
- Vattenfall acquired a German offshore wind project in the North Sea (known as the Global Tech II Offshore Wind Project), with the ultimate goal of building up to 79 wind turbines.
- Vattenfall commenced the planning process for two wind farms in the UK, Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas.
- Vattenfall won a tender to build two near shore wind farms at two sites off the west coast of Jutland.
- Vattenfall won the tender to build the Kriegers Flak offshore wind farm (600 MW) in Denmark. Once operational, Kriegers Flak will supply 600,000 Danish households with electricity.
Vattenfall's investment plan