Members of the Audit Committee are Staffan Bohman (chair), Håkan Erixon, Tomas Kåberger, Jenny Lahrin and Ronny Ekwall (employee representative)
The Audit Committee's most important duties are:
- supervise the company's financial reporting, including the sustainability report
- with respect to Vattenfall's financial reporting, to monitor the effectiveness of Vattenfall's internal control, internal audit and risk management
- to stay informed about the audit of the annual report and consolidated accounts
- to review and monitor the auditor's impartiality and independence, and in connection with that, to make particular note if the auditor provides other services to the company than auditing services
- to assist in the drafting of recommendations for decisions on the election of auditor by the general shareholder meeting
- to monitor the management of market and credit risks
- to conduct an annual evaluation of the external auditors' work
The Audit Committee is responsible for meeting with Vattenfall AB's external and internal auditors on a regular basis in order to stay informed about the planning, focus and scope of the company's audit. The Audit Committee is also responsible for discussing coordination of the external and internal audit work and views of the company's risks. Internal Audit's budget, the Internal Audit Charter and the internal
audit plan are prepared by the committee.
The Audit Committee has the right, on behalf of the Board, to decide on guidelines for other services than auditing that Vattenfall may procure from the Group's auditors.
The CFO and Head of Internal Audit serve in a reporting role on the committee. The company's external auditors attend all regular meetings and report on their observations of the audit.