Through a general meeting resolution on the content of the Articles of Association, the owner makes decisions on the company's operations. In accordance with the Swedish state's ownership policy, the company's financial targets are also decided on by a general meeting.
The AGM of Vattenfall AB is by law to be held yearly within six months after the end of the financial year and not later than 30 April in accordance with the Swedish state's ownership policy.
- elects the Board of Directors, the Chairman of the Board and the auditors, and decides on their fees
- adopts the income statement and balance sheet for Vattenfall AB and the Vattenfall Group
- decides on distribution of the company's profit
- grants discharge from liability for the board members and President
- decides on guidelines for remuneration of senior executives; and
- decides on other matters of business as prescribed by law or the Articles of Association
Next Annual General Meeting
Time and place for the Annual General Meeting 2019 will be published on this site no later than in conjunction with the third quarter report 2018.
The latest Annual General Meeting
Vattenfall's AGM 2018 was held on 25 April at Vattenfall's Head Office in Solna. The AGM was open to the public.
View a webcast from the Annual General Meeting (in Swedish)
The Annual General Meeting adopted the annual report and consolidated financial statements for 2017, submitted by the Board of Directors and CEO, resolved to distribute the company's result and discharged the members of the Board and the CEO from liability. The AGM furthermore decided on remuneration to the Directors of the Board.
Minutes and presentations from previous Annual General Meetings are available in the corporate governance archive.
Please note that the translations are for convenience only. The Swedish documents are the originals and can be found on http://corporate.vattenfall.se/
Presentations and statements
Minutes from the Annual General Meeting 2018 (PDF 610 kB)
The Chairman's statement 2018 (PDF 36 kB)
The CEO's statement 2018 (PDF 155 kB)