Carbon sales – your partner in the carbon market
As your long-term partner in the uncertain carbon market, we can offer financial reliability and tailor-made contracts suited to your needs.
We are one of the largest and most experienced compliance buyers in the EU ETS and have been active in the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) market since 2004.
Since the beginning of the period covered by the Kyoto Agreement, our experts have been active in trading and sourcing CO2 emission certificates within the EU Emission Trading System (ETS) and the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
We offer sourcing and trading of Carbon credits (CERs) from projects throughout the world.
We seek long-term partnerships for the purchase of credits from emission reductions projects with traceable origins to fulfil our ambitious climate targets.
We are interested in technically and operationally sound projects that comply with the requirements of international climate agreements and fulfil Vattenfall's own sustainability criteria.
- Access to potential investors
- Project participation at all stages
- Support in development of CDM projects, with specific expertise in PoAs, throughout the whole project cycle, such as assistance during validation, registration and verification
- Tailor-made contracts or agreements best suited to the needs of our clients, which include appropriate and flexible pricing models
- Contracts based on the IETA Emission Reductions Purchase Agreement (ERPA), modified on a case by case basis in accordance with each project's needs to ensure a transparent procedure
What we expect from you:
- A long-term vision for project planning and expectations
- High quality standards in climate mitigation projects
- Transparent and trustful business relations
- Commitment to a long-term partnership
Structured sales (EUAs, CERs, VERs, Options)
Our expert carbon team can help you with your emission needs by tailoring a solution that fits your business.
We have a variety of trading options for entities under the EU ETS scheme. Buying and selling your credits through Vattenfall will help to make sure you optimize your allocation and compliance obligations.
Products we offer include:
- Spot transactions
- Purchase or sale of EU allowances (EUAs) or Secondary CERs today at current prices with an immediate commitment to transfer the EUAs (sale) on the amount in euro (purchase) within a few days
- Forward transactions
- Purchase or sale of EUAs today at current prices with an immediate commitment to transfer the EUAs (sale) or the amount in euro (purchase) on the forward day (in the future)
- Purchase or sale of Secondary CERs today at current prices with an immediate commitment to transfer the EUAs (sale) on the amount in euro (purchase) on the forward day (in the future)
- EUA – CER Swap (Forward)
- EUA or CER Vintage SWAP
- Options (EUAs, CERs)
- Voluntary Emission Reduction (VERs)
Vattenfall sources green certificates to meet customer needs in consuming "green electricity". We also market the green certificates which stem from Vattenfall's wind farms in the UK or the Netherlands and hydro plants in Sweden. Through these activities, we help suppliers of power to meet their renewable obligations.