Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a Commercial Manager to join the UK Onshore Wind Operations UK team in Vattenfall’s BU Generation, Business Area Wind.
Overall purpose of the role
This commercial manager role will support the Head of Onshore Operations UK and the wider operations team (O&M Managers, HV Managers, Service leaders etc) who are responsible for operating and maintaining Vattenfall’s onshore wind farms in UK. You will have a key role within this team, being responsible for commercial, crossover commercial/technical issues and analytical support to maintain the operational and financial performance.
Your responsibilities as a Commercial Manager:
Your qualifications as a Commercial Manager:
- Commercial responsibility for the day to day management of significant contracts, variations and claims relating to contractors providing service to UK onshore wind farms;
- Support the general commercial management of UK onshore wind farms in line with Group strategy, policy and procedures e.g. coordinate the business planning and decision taking processes;
- Proactively support the O&M Managers and Service Leaders with all commercial aspects of handover from Projects to Generation;
- Coordinating procurement processes and ensuring that all procurement activities are performed in line with Vattenfall procedures e.g. Tender adjudication and appraisal, contract drafting and negotiation processes for contract renewals;
- Analyse the performance of plant and failures of equipment, drawing on support from the wider Vattenfall team;
- Analyse the operational and HSE performance of onshore sites including the performance of any contractors and preparation of regular reporting e.g. Monthly reporting on KPI’s, commercial analysis of data from SCADA, plant maintenance records etc.;
- Interface with Business Controlling team for budgeting process for O&M works and LCOE reduction initiatives;
- Supporting O&M Team with stakeholder relationships and ensuring proper risk management procedures are adhered to across UK Onshore Operations portfolio;
- Includes commercial support for our small but growing solar assets in UK.
- Degree or equivalent level of education, preferably in a commercial/financial, general engineering or technical qualification;
- Candidates for this position will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in large industrial projects, preferably renewables, oil and gas, or similar complex industries;
- Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing English;
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management;
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take the initiative;
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage;
- A proactive approach to Health, Safety and Security;
- Willingness to take on ad hoc work tasks and assist the site team where needed.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
London, UK.More information
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 5th December 2016. Interviews will be held in mid-December.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Our organisation:
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
In the UK we own and operate the Edinbane, Clashindarroch, Swinford, Pendine, and Parc Cynog onshore wind farms and the Thanet, Kentish Flats, KFE & Ormonde offshore wind farms. We have a significant portfolio of development projects on and offshore. Our portfolio of onshore wind development projects includes two sites which are currently in construction; the 76 turbine Pen y Cymoedd Wind Farm (South Wales) and the 16 turbine Ray Wind Farm (Northumberland).We look forward to your application!