Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of European Policy Advisor, based in Brussels.
We offer you a position in an outstanding international environment, working with key energy topics and a high degree of professionalism. The position offers you a chance to create a large network, both internal within Vattenfall and external in the European political environment in Brussels. You will work in an environment where you, on a daily basis, strive to add value to Vattenfall.
As Policy Advisor, you will belong to the team Policy & Regulatory Affairs and Media Relations EU within Staff functions Communications at Vattenfall. The Brussels office is a small and professional team. Its role is to represent Vattenfall and engage with EU stakeholders, to proactively identify policy and legislative developments of strategic importance for Vattenfall and to coordinate action to the EU decision making process on policy matters affecting the company’s overall interests and strategy.
The main tasks of the team are to:
- Monitor, report and contribute to the internal assessment and prioritization of policy and regulatory developments of importance for Vattenfall.
- Coordinate Vattenfall’s input to EU decision making process and to engage with and execute lobbying towards EU stakeholders.
- Enhance Vattenfall’s visibility and relations to stakeholders in Brussels by organizing events, debates, etc.
Your main tasks & responsibilities
As Policy Advisor in the Brussels team, your responsibilities and tasks include:
- Monitor, analyse and report on political and legislative processes and policies with relevance for Vattenfall in the field of energy, with a focus on DSO topics. Assess their impact on the Vattenfall group and specifically the DSO and German business;
- Prepare, conduct and coordinate stakeholder outreach processes, in close collaboration with the different units within PRA & SR and business units;
- Prepare, assist and follow-up on meetings of Vattenfall managers with (political) stakeholders in Brussels;
- Stakeholder management in Brussels with focus on (but not limited to) German representatives (political institutions, associations, companies etc.) and representation of Vattenfall in meetings and at events.
- Our best candidate has a relevant university degree, preferably within political science, economy, law, engineering or similar.
- Sound knowledge of the European institutions and legislative processes, and ideally experience working within EU institutions and/or Brussels-based energy organizations, is an advantage.
- Fluency in both English and German is a prerequisite and additional languages are an asset.
We especially appreciate applications from candidates with knowledge of EU energy markets, electricity networks and specifically DSO related issues. Our candidate has substantiated interest in working in an international environment.
As a person, you are proactive, curious and open minded. You are a team-player with networking and intercultural skills who values building relations and influence people around you. You are an excellent communicator, with clear analytical and editorial skills, and the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new, complex topics. You have a strong drive to get information, listen, analyze and use your knowledge to influence and set direction for the future. You work independently and you have the ability to build trust with different stakeholders. You are patient and have a positive outlook.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. You'will be working on a Belgium contract.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.Application
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page, no later than December 9, 2016.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Helga Norrby, +31 646 170 819. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter, Eva Deen +31611853543
Trade union representatives Anne Karlhede, Akademikerna, Anders Ekemar, Unionen, Birgitta Allmèr-Carlsson, Ledarna, Jan Palmqvist, SEKO. To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s swithboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application!