Looking for a challenging position within an international environment? Are you an agile/scrum addict and eager to take our high availability infrastructure in our datacenters to the next level?
We are looking for a fulltime Senior Database/Weblogic administrator (DBA) for our Stockholm, Hamburg or Amsterdam office.
What does a DBA within a Trading Operations environment do?
You as experienced Database Administrator will be responsible for creating, operating and maintaining our high availability databases as well as our Weblogic/OSB middleware platform in our datacenters. You ensure with your colleagues that the infrastructure and applications have an up-time as close as possible to 100%. Issues which cannot be solved by the on-site support will be solved by your team. In this position, you will be part of the on call rotating 24/7 shift. Also you will:
- Translate business requirements into reliable IT solutions independently
- Solve business critical issues from Layer 1 to 7 independently
- Solve business critical issues independently
- Apply Database Administrator best practices in every circumstances
- Work time-efficiently when assisting technical and non-technical escalations
- Apply continuous improvement principles when administering systems
Who are we looking for?
You have a can-do attitude and don’t fold under stress. You live the DevOps culture and you always strive to convince members of your (project) team of the necessity to work agile. You have a broad interest on several competence areas of IT, possess leadership qualities and can take and give constructive criticism. You need to be able to work independently in an international team that meets more virtually than physically. Also you have the following qualifications:
You hold an academic Degree in IT, Computer Science, engineering, science or mathematics with next to this actual certifications;
- You have strong technical skills, and hands-on experience for at least 5 years in operating and building up datacenters in complex corporate environments;
- Experience in administrating Microsoft SQL server and making use of T-SQL
- Experience in administrating Oracle RDBMS & Weblogic/OSB systems and making use of PL/SQL;
- Experience in maintaining reactive and passive monitoring systems such as Cloud Control;
- Proficiency with scripting and automating tedious tasks;
- ITIL experience, especially working with Change Management;
- You are eligible to work in the EU and either living in The Netherlands, Sweden or Germany at the moment.
Preferably, you also have experience with:
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, HyperV, Citrix;
- Multicast based applications;
- Configuration Management tools like CFengine, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack;
- Writing scripts in either ksh, bash, python, perl or powershell.
High Availability Services is providing mission critical IT services, like end user support, workplace services and high available infrastructural services to highly demanding business areas in Vattenfall. This includes supporting mission critical users, running on-site service desks in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands, providing high available IT-services. At the moment the team is now running application migration projects and at the same time operations on a 24/7 basis for the already migrated applications.
We, the High Availability Services team is currently being enlarged. We are busy to strengthen our High Availability Services team with experienced colleagues who will be responsible for operating our high availability infrastructure in our datacenters. Currently we have teams in Stockholm and Amsterdam. The ambition is to have also engineers in Hamburg.
We offer an exciting job where you can be involved in setting up a new environment. You will be in close contact with your counterparts in the Nordics and Germany. Therefore, you get the chance to travel internationally from time to time. You need to be able to work independently in an international team that meets more virtually than physically.
Do you have what it takes? The more boxes you tick, the more likely you are to succeed! Please let us know in which two areas you are a real expert. If you have any questions, contact recruiter Eveline Beurskens at +31611034109.
Start your new career today and apply now by clicking on the 'Apply' button and upload your motivation letter and resume (in English). We will get in touch as soon as possible! We look forward to your application!