Looking for a kick start of your career? Do you want to manage large and diverse project teams for Vattenfall? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Development Project Manager Onshore Wind.
Purpose of the role
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the growth of our onshore wind portfolio by identifying, developing and managing either our own wind farm projects or through establishing successful cooperation with partners. It will be your task to manage wind farm projects from feasibility to financial close in a cost effective, safe and timely manner to achieve pre-defined company targets.
Your job as Senior Development Project Manager Onshore Wind
Take the lead role in the management of specific onshore wind farm projects from initial identification through tendering, consenting, design and procurement to Final Investment Decision in a cost effective, safe and timely manner to achieve predefined company targets. Your key activities will be:
Your profile as Senior Development Project Manager Onshore Wind
- Operational management of large diverse project teams made up, for example, of Engineers, commercial managers, communications specialists, procurement specialists lawyers & planners;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of project management, lowering levelised energy costs and other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organisation and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace and maintain a competitive edge;
- Establish and manage internal and external project teams and individual criteria/objectives to measure results against agreed performance standards;
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, consultees, contractors and Government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives;
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organisation and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development;
- Responsible for the production of relevant project reports and information to enable the Project Sponsor and/or Development Director to disseminate project information to company management and the Executive Board of Directors.
Are you triggered by the Onshore Wind Business? Perfect! We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills that has an interest in operational management.
Candidates will have minimum 5 years of professional experience as a Project Manager of Onshore Wind projects in Germany and a proven track record in successful project management. A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of onshore wind projects. Strong working knowledge of the project development process and Health and Safety culture and regulations. Working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters. An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation.
Within Business Area Wind we value your communication skills as much as your hard skills. We are looking for a good communicator who is able to listen, bring a message across clearly, retrieve the information needed and has the ability to adapt to her/his audience. Furthermore you should have:
- Multi-skilled self-starter, with high levels of energy & commitment to deliver;
- Proven awareness of renewable energy policy and the complexities of developing sites for wind energy;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment and be able to build and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups;
- The ability to engage with, empathize with, educate and co-ordinate communities/stakeholders involved or affected by development activities;
- An aptitude for problem solving and experience of driving complex projects forward to achieve set objectives;
- Well-developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format;
- Good understanding health and safety regulations requirements and developing culture.
A challenging, international work environment with the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
The location of the position is Hamburg (GE). More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Senior Recruiter, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 9 December
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Our organisation:
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We look forward to your application!