Software Asset Manager
Would you be interested in joining a small evolving team, in a role that plays an important part in shaping the IT function of a large global organisation? Vattenfall IT´s Asset Management function provides tactical support for License and Software Asset Management and is currently looking for a Software Asset Manager. Working with the Local License Manager and License Coordinators, the Software Asset Manager acts as the primary point of expertise regarding the life-cycle management of software assets throughout Vattenfall.
The location for this position is preferably in Sweden, but could also be flexible.
Key performance areas
This role contributes to daily License Management operations, whilst also working to improve Vattenfall´s Software Asset Management maturity. Responsibilities include:
- Operational activities to maintain an accurate view of the Software Asset landscape, and tactical activities to develop and maintain processes to improve Vattenfall´s Software Asset Portfolio with respect to risk, cost, governance and compliance.
- Manage software costs and usage through software collections, software metering, and license harvesting.
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations and identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Partner with IT management to understand the strategic direction / priorities of the organization and help educate how that will impact hardware and software purchases.
- Perform software inventories, and audit installed software vs. purchased software.
- Ensure Software Policies and contract language is included in all agreements and renewals.
- Ensuring compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usage by performing internal audits and responding to external audits.
- Work with IT management to review IT software resources and generate asset reports and metrics
- Research industry best practices and comparing against organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing Software assets.
- Assist in creating policies and procedures that lead the organization towards Software Asset Management goals.
We are looking for someone that has a master degree in engineering or IT, preferable have a background from a Big 4 consulting firm or previous experience working with Software License Management and Procurement.
You should be strategic and able to create a roadmap and to lead Vattenfall´s Software Asset function towards greater maturity – but at the same time enjoy the hands-on operational focus required within a small and evolving team. Communication skills in English are required and knowledge of Swedish is advantageous.
You must also be self-directed, persistent and able to succeed in an environment which is currently undergoing a high rate of change.
Certification (or equivalent experience) in IT Asset Management and Software License Management. Knowledge of ITIL & SAM tools (e.g. Snow, SCCM), software development and 3 years exposure to enterprise IT environments with a mix of hardware, software and services
We actively work to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Anders Hernodh, recruiting manager, email@example.com
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Recruiter
Dalina Tinoco Steneros, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Birgitta Carlsson Allmér (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard + 46 8 739 50 00.
Please send your application together with your CV and personal letter via this page no later than December 9th 2016.
Would you like to make a difference!
At Vattenfall we strive to keep our workplaces drug and alcohol free, which is why we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Vattenfall believes diversity leads to development. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We are looking forward to your application!
Vattenfall IT is an international unit within the Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider, our goal is to be the best of the best when it comes to delivering extremely economical IT services and intelligent solutions. Our array of services ranges from process and application consulting to software solution development/implementation projects and the operation of application systems. Some 1,200 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden contribute daily to our international business success in the three organizational segments IT demand, IT supply and Group IT. Within IT Supply there are three departments – Business Specific Applications, Common & Corporate Applications and IT Infrastructure. Focus for IT Infrastructure is to provide general infrastructure services like Data Centre, Network, Client Services and Application Operations.