The best of the best Solution Designer – are you aspired to drive solution realization across the Vattenfall value chain.
Whilst the solution architecture and selection are delivered by IT Architecture, it’s the Solution Designer that figures out the realization by fitting all this stuff together based on a good understanding of the original business requirement, the existing system set and what does and doesn’t work. Once the design has been completed, work packages are divided up and the Solution Designer stays in close contact with the Scrum teams. Progress is reviewed continuously and the solution is tweaked as problems come to light or if the developers suggest a better way of doing something. You thrive in working closely with many stakeholders, countries, partners and third parties.
This is what you’ll be doing
- You translate user stories into detailed solution and integration design, and you are a master at combining the engineering expertise of the scrum teams with the overall solution architecture.
- You interact closely with Product Owners and Commercial & Operational stakeholders to ensure solid understanding of customer & business & partner needs.
- You work closely with the Solution Architect from the Transformation IT (IT Architecture); the scrum teams in your chain (these teams deliver parts of the chain); as well as with Application Management and Infrastructure. You connect, bridge, and harness their problem-solving power to achieve simple and effective technical designs.
- You give Product Owners and Operational Stakeholders strong advice with recommended options, consequences, and solutions inside the given architecture. You give the scrum teams strong guidance on how the solution needs to work, and ensure what they build follows the chain goals and architecture.
- You drive design alignment between scrum teams in four countries across different cultures.
- You ensure non-functional and operational readiness are included by nature.
- You ensure sufficient documentation of realization and keep it up-to-date.
- You ensure low software complexity of realization in the scrum teams to ensure speed of change also in future.
We are looking for candidates for our offices in Stockholm, Berlin and Amsterdam.
Our ideal candidate
You are a positive challenger, looking for solutions, flexible, driven and full of energy. You have a strong personality, and like to work both independently and in a team. Our open Vattenfall culture attracts you. On top of that you find our dynamic and sometimes hectic work environment appealing.
This is important as well
- Experience with Agile Scrum and Continuous Integration (e.g. SAFe).
- Enjoys a changing environment and works well under pressure.
- Bachelor or master degree with 7+ years of experience within IT.
- You have deep knowledge of Cloud Computing (MS Azure Ecosystem)
- Experience with UML modelling and design tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MS Visio)
- Fluent in written and spoken English – we are an international team
- Self-experience in software development in one of these key solution areas CRM, Web, Online to name a few.
What do we offer?
A challenging international work environment and the opportunity to contribute to energy solutions (both traditional and sustainable) that keep people connected and businesses running. An attractive remuneration package. Development programs that are tailored towards your personal and professional growth. And also an integral part of the deal: colleagues who are eager to share their expertise.
At Vattenfall we promote smart working!
Meaning you can easily combine your working life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance. To attract and retain a talented workforce, smart working is successfully implemented within Vattenfall such as the possibility to work part-time.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 30.000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
Feel energized? Apply now or contact us for additional information! We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. For more information you can contact Eveline Beurskens (Recruiter) at +31 6 11 03 4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.