Vattenfall is Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to Power Climate Smarter Living with an ambition to be fossil free within one generation. Investments in wind power is an important cornerstone to deliver our ambition and we plan, build and own wind farms, solar assets and batteries in six countries, onshore and offshore. We have about 850 employees in our main offices around Europe.
Overall purpose of the role
The BU Offshore in BA Wind is responsible for developing, constructing and operating Offshore wind farms. BU Offshore currently consist of 11 operating windfarms with a total capacity of 1.7GW spread across Europe. We are currently working on the construction of another wind farm for 0.4GW and are planning to start construction of another 4 farms for a total of almost 1.7GW next 1-2 years. Furthermore we are developing plans for next Offshore wind farms in the countries we are operating in and are investigating entering new countries.
We are now looking for an Associate Business Controller who can focus on controlling our development portfolio across the BU Offshore. In this role, working with the department Market Development, you will amongst others support the project development manager and team with all planning and control activities for their projects. Our development activities comprises of the greenfield projects in our own portfolio but also covers the brownfield activities and development of new pipeline in northern Europe. As the business is developing and maturing they now require support in optimizing their financial performance and business analysis. As part of the Offshore controlling team, you will have colleagues in Amsterdam (NL), Hamburg (GE), Kolding (DK) and London (UK). More intense cooperation is required between the colleagues that focus on development.
As an Associate Business Controller you will be able to be the business partner for project managers (and team) providing timely insight into progress and financial performance of the project. Your drive to use your recently build up skills to help projects deliver on their milestone and financial targets is key.
Responsibilities & Tasks
The following main tasks are in the responsibility of the Associate Business Controller in the BU Offshore of BA Wind:
- Be the controlling business partner for some development project managers and their teams;
- Provide support (and challenge) to the development project managers with timely analysis of their project performance, identifying trends/improvements and recommending actions to management;
- Participate in preparing project tollgate decision information together with the Senior Business Controller;
- Prepare the 5 year Business Plan and quarterly forecasts for the Market Development department in co-operation with the Senior Business Controller;
- Prepare and analyze monthly results and communicate this to the project managers;
- Support the financial controlling department with relevant business insight / rationale in local country statutory audits;
- Ad hoc participation in project and strategic improvement initiatives.
- University (Ms/Bs) degree in a relevant field (i.e. controlling, economics, accounting or finance)
- Strongly developed MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Relevant (international) working student experience / internships within business or financial control, either during or after your study;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills;
- Experience in handling different stakeholders, e.g. through involvement in voluntary board memberships (e.g. treasurer in foundation).
Skills, knowledge, strengths
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in English
- Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural settings
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on and pragmatic mind set.
- Open and active.
The role will be based in London, which is one of Vattenfall’s main offices. Occasional travel will be necessary between our main locations.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. Starting with a 1 year contract, you will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the November, 21th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Director of Offshore Controlling, Jonas van Mansfeld +31 615830148.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the Recruiter, Marlies van Heymbeeck +31615604138.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to receiving your application!