We are looking for a Business Analyst for the Business Development team in Business Area Distribution in Stockholm reporting to the Vice President Business Development. The relevant person should have a strong and genuine interest in driving the future growth for Vattenfall Distribution.
Business Area Distribution develops, operates and maintains the network for electricity distribution on the Swedish and German markets as well as provides relevant information to customers and other market actors. Business Area Distribution supply 3.3 million customers with electricity and consists of Vattenfall Eldistribution, Gotlands elnät, Västerbergslagens elnät and Elanläggningar in Sweden and Stromnetz Berlin in Germany. We continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of our distribution network in order to meet future demands and expectations from our customers and society.
Business Development is a department in BA Distribution working with all the businesses within BA Distribution. The main criteria for success is to develop and grow the distribution business by:
a) Successfully identifying, implementing and executing new business opportunities inside and outside existing operations
b) Developing and executing on the long-term strategy and investment planning for BA Distribution
c) Identifying, analyzing and executing on relevant M&A transactions
d) Helping the Business Area put together robust business models to accurately represent these opportunities to senior management through collecting, challenging and documenting data used in these business cases.
You will get the opportunity to be part of a department with a broad scope working with both business development, strategy, M&A, start-ups, investment planning and competitor intelligence from day one, sharing and learning from colleagues in a creative, open-minded and inclusive environment.
• Support in all parts of M&A transactions, strategy and business development of new opportunities, with a primary focus on financial modelling
• Provide strategic and financial analysis
• Responsible for creating financial valuation models (business cases and long-term valuation of Distribution networks)
• Support and create decision materials and presentations
• Work with project plans, keeping to internal deadlines and adhering to budgets
• General participation, supporting and sometimes lead in project and ad hoc analyses
Qualifications and personal characteristics
• Bachelor/Master in Business administration/Finance/Industrial economics or equivalent
• We believe you are in the beginning of your career with some experience of business model calculations/financial modelling or within M&A/Business development/Strategy/Asset management or regulation
• Very good knowledge in MS Excel
• Fluency in our corporate language English and Swedish
• You are analytical, accurate and quality-conscious in your work and are able to act in an innovative, creative and solution orientated way
• You easily adapt to changed conditions and are flexible in your way of working
• Ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines, individually or together with a team
• Experience with Distribution or regulated assets
The position is located at Vattenfall’s office in Solna, Stockholm, but there will be some travel within Northern Europe, primarily Berlin.
For further information about the position, please contact Jesper Karpsen, Vice President Business Development BA Distribution, +46 72 516 36 18. For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Oskar Fors, +46 70 240 94 02. During the vacation period (July and the start of August) it will be difficult to get in touch with the representatives.
Union representatives in Sweden: Anders Gustafson (Unionen), Essi Ransed (Akademikerna), Eva Jirhem (Ledarna), Erik Wennström (SEKO).
To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Welcome with your application with CV and cover letter via the link below.
We look forward to receiving your application!