Vattenfall Networks UK, part of Vattenfall AB (100% owned by the Swedish state) is an exciting new business entering the UK Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO) and Private Networks markets.
We are now looking for a business driven Business Development Manager - Distribution UK within Vattenfall Networks UK. You will be a part of the new UK country team and you will report directly to the Managing Director Vattenfall Network UK.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of key account management including developing the Segment analysis, creating the sales pipeline and leading client engagement from presales, bidding, through to successful close and hand over to the operations team. Your key responsibilities will be:
· Responsible for delivering a leading market position and acquiring sales growth through new clients in accordance with the Vattenfall strategy for IDNOs and Private Networks;
· Identifying client and market trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and project activity;
· Accountable for client solutions and delivery plans in an early stage and maintaining the client relationship;
· Develop partnerships with strategic market players;
· Work with the Central Vattenfall Distribution Business Development Advisor to develop and adapt sales collateral for smart technologies to explain the Vattenfall value proposition.
Your profile as Business Development Manager Distribution UK
Due to this being a start-up (however with financial backing from a large utility), candidates must be comfortable working autonomously and be willing to cover other colleagues’ responsibilities and tasks when required to do so. The initial start-up phase will be fast paced and include a high level of ambiguity. Candidates should have an enquiring mind, have an entrepreneurial flair and be willing to jump into unexpected tasks and activities when they arise.
· Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in electrical, electronic, general engineering or equivalent;
· Chartered professional or working towards Chartership;
· Demonstrable experience in the Commercial and Industrial Segment;
· Business development experience in the electricity sector. Demonstrating sales and project delivery experience in a Business-to-Business environment;
· Experience in new technologies, Battery Storage, PV’s, EV’s and integrated management control systems;
· Experience and expertise in developing technical and commercial proposals to drive informed business development;
· Ability to undertake pre-sales activity including development of high-level business case / cost benefit analysis for new opportunities;
· Ability to work across divisions and with sales, solution architects and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services.
The position is based in Reading. The job require travel away from the base location at least 3 days a week.
A unique opportunity set up a new organization within a challenging and international work environment. You will be working with one of the largest producers and suppliers of electricity and heat in Europe, in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, via mail email@example.com.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 26 November 2017. Interviews will be held on the 8th, 13th and 14/15th of December in our office in London.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.