As the company’s ambitions for growth in renewable energy increases, the demand for procurement expertise grows. We are therefore looking for the right person to join our Onshore Wind procurement team responsible for the Wind-Turbine Generators (WTGs) category.
As a Category Manager for onshore WTGs within Business Area Wind, working in an outstanding commercial and international environment, you will have a significant impact on Vattenfall realizing its transition to a more sustainable energy portfolio by securing the necessary equipment and services at best value for the company.
The Onshore Wind procurement team is part of a fast evolving business and our successful candidate is a strategic thinker with a commercial focus building on the foundations already established throughout the last years of development.
Your main stakeholders within the BU Onshore Wind will be the Technology team with strong ties to the Market Development, Project Delivery and Asset Management functions.
You will engage with the wind supply chain to define category and procurement strategies as well as identifying novel market approaches to maximize the company’s profitability.
Mirroring our development, construction and operation activities, the successful candidate will be based in Amsterdam or Stockholm preferably.
• Define a category strategy with a short, medium and long-term view
• Develop the category towards the suppliers (supplier development)
• Lead the WTG category providing focused insights regarding the product and category
• Provide relevant market expertise (commercial and procurement) for a range of procurement activities within the business (development through construction, generation and decommissioning)
• Pro-actively build relationships at all levels and sell the value of procurement and our processes
• Manage the creation and delivery of cost saving initiatives within the WTG category
• Ensure the supplier selection, procurement and contract management process is aligned with the category strategy adequately protecting the company from regulatory, reputational and financial risks
• Responsible for annual category spend
• Support the development of procurement taking part in improvement initiatives from time-to-time
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the wind business and WTG supply technology
• Deep expertise on WTG supply-chain or other CAPEX intensive industry and demonstrable experience across the procurement skillset and experience of the procurement processes
• Strategic supplier management experience
• Good understanding of people and culture in working across multiple business functions and locations
• Ability to engage and convince senior stakeholders from the BA Wind and within the procurement community
• Co-operative team player with solid interpersonal skills
• Strong consultancy skills and able to support, advise, guide and challenge across all aspects of Procurement
• Experience in solving with strategic issues / problems and strategy development.
• Strong initiative with a high sense of responsibility and willingness to perform
Trade union representatives in Sweden, to be contacted through Vattenfall’s switchboard, +46 8 739 50 00:
Rolf Ohlsson - Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson - Ledarna Leif Karlsson - SEKO, Anders Bohlin - Unionen
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Jan-Ola Allbäck, +46 72 743 90 30. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Daniel Ruja, +46 70 372 76 91
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page, no later than November 30th.
We look forward to your application!
Vattenfall is Europe’s 7th largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.