Vattenfall is now looking to develop and expand our UK team. Our aim is to be the developer of choice for stakeholders by developing projects which provide renewable energy but also other environmental, social and economic benefits for host communities.
Overall purpose of the role
As our activities for civil works onshore are growing we see an increasing need to strengthen our internal competences when it comes to the engineering support to the projects. We are seeking a technical motivated civil engineer to take care of the civil engineering challenges related to the cable landfall and cable corridor for three offshore sites, in which both your competences to seek the right engineering solution, collaboration with the projects and communication with external contractors and stakeholders is key to success.
You will also be a part of the support team to the onshore wind development team who is aiming for clever solution to supplying the subsidy free wind power to the grid. We seek a dedicated and self-motivated civil engineer with a good overview, strong technical skills, a holistic and project focused mind-set and good communication skills. We will then supply an interesting and exciting project in a dedicated team with room for good ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and a lot of flexibility.
Your responsibilities as Civil Engineer Onshore UK
Your profile as Civil Engineer Onshore UK
- Responsible for the overall steer and project guidance for cable landfall and corridor for three offshore projects;
- Responsible technical solution and consideration to be used in the permitting;
- For onshore wind sites, responsible for the overall suitability of foundation design (concept and integrity) in relation to site and selected WTG within the context of design and build contracts;
- Responsible for engineering support to the procurement process for civil related items (often included with the electrical packages as a balance of plant contract) including further developing the project specific Employers requirements and supporting negotiations;
- Responsible for environmental constraints related to civil works such as ground water, soils etc.;
- Responsible for seeking and implementing initiatives through innovations and lean design towards reducing the overall cost of energy;
- Responsible for the quality of delivered documentation including sign-off;
- Responsible for the necessary site assessment including soil investigation;
- Responsible for civil related interfaces to external stakeholders are handled and authority requirements and constraints are met;
- Responsible for Project Control, Quality and Risk management within the Civil package.
- Graduate within Civil Engineer or other relevant discipline;
- IT literate with a good ability to operate MS Office systems. Other IT based project management software is seen as a plus;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience within development of civil engineering projects preferably within wind;
- Minimum three years development experience within a complex multi-disciplinary project environment;
- Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact;
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
Location for this role will be London. The position will require travel to various site locations mainly within the UK.More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Nico Paardekooper, Senior Recruiter, mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 6 June 2017
Vattenfall’s vision is to develop a sustainable, diversified European energy portfolio with long-term increased profits and significant growth opportunities. At the same time, Vattenfall aims to be among the leaders in developing environmentally sustainable energy production.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!