Vattenfall´s Business Area Wind is now recruiting an experienced “Construction Manager for Offshore Wind Development Projects” with experience in budget estimation for jackup operations. Vattenfall will grow their wind operating portfolio from currently 1.8 GW to 4 GW in 2020. In order to build up a corresponding pipeline, Vattenfall is developing new offshore wind projects in Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
As “Construction Manager for Offshore Wind Development Projects”, you focus on all marine operations related to the installation of wind turbine generators (WTG), foundations, array and (if required) export cables, as well as offshore substations (OSS). You deliver budget estimates for the costs of these marine operations in development projects. Furthermore, you provide tendering documents, negotiate and finalize marine operations contracts with the highest degree of quality, on time, and within agreed scope. You will steer a group of supporting engineers during the budget development and tendering phase, participate in planning meetings with the development team and align with the managers of the main asset contracts, i.e. WTG, foundations, cables and OSS.
You will be part of the Construction Management Organization. This is a solid opportunity for further development in a fast changing environment. The Construction Management organization is responsible for the planning and safe and timely installation and commissioning of Vattenfall’s offshore wind farms.
In addition to work on a specific development project the successful candidate will also be expected to work on and support other development projects across our offshore portfolio or projects in execution.
Main responsibilities & work tasks:
• Be visible and lead by example regarding HSE.
• Manage the provision of budget estimates and corresponding fact books for installation of WTG, foundations, array cables / export cables and OSS and for construction management.
• Steer and coordinate a group of supporting engineers during the budget development and tendering / contracting phase related to the installation scope of the various main asset contracts.
• Coordinate and oversee the delivery of pre-qualification material related to the installation of WTG, foundations, array cables / export cables and OSS.
• Manage the delivery of tendering documents related to the installation of WTG, foundations, array cables / export cables and OSS.
• Manage and participate in contract negotiation and finalization of contracts on the installation of WTG, foundations, array cables / export cables and OSS.
• Provide strategic input and support cross-project developments to improve Vattenfall’s construction management approach related to marine operations with the goal to make Vattenfall become leader in “Levelized Energy Costs” (LEC).
• Other relevant ad-hoc development projects or duties as required by construction management.
• Liaise with the line management team organisation, share knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
Qualifications as Construction Manager for Offshore Wind Development Projects:
• Bachelor/Master engineering degree, master mariner or similar. Additionally, you will have a number of years' experience within the field of offshore installation operations / marine operations.
• Offshore and onshore project development experience or significant understanding of principles and practices.
• Knowledge about offshore installation vessels (e.g. heavy lift, jack-up or cable laying).
• Experience with marine risk management.
• Knowledge about budgeting and developing cost estimates for marine operations in offshore wind industry.
• Tendering and contract negotiation skills.
• Team player with excellent communication skills.
• Good English language skills, an advantage if you also have Danish or German language skills.
• Ability to work in an international environment.
• Well organized and structured work approach.
Location: Hamburg, Esbjerg, or Kolding.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, +45 22 57 07 51
We welcome your application in English including CV and cover letter via this page no later than the 9th of May 2017.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to your application!
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from the energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, solar, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliable deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.