Business Area (BA) Markets is looking for Contract & Customer Coordinator who will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our UK Renewable and customer business
Like any energy utility, Vattenfall is exposed to fluctuations in energy commodity market prices.
Business Area Markets manages these commodity market risks through:
- Maximising the value of Vattenfall’s broad and diverse asset and customer portfolio
- Generating additional margins within defined mandates
Doing so helps us to build on our market position, stay competitive with peers, and deliver value to our shareholders. Getting the most from our assets Markets is recognised as one of the main strategic growth areas in Vattenfall. The BA focuses on maximising the value of Vattenfall’s assets and customers in wholesale energy markets. This covers the entire chain from production planning, through dispatching, to physical and financial market access. It also includes executing Vattenfall’s primary hedge strategy, as well as sourcing fuels, power and carbon credits. This is done through standard deals or bilaterally negotiated non-standard contracts with third parties (Origination).
The BA’s work includes proprietary trading of all approved products and energy commodities on the basis of allocated risk capital and under defined mandates.Responsibilities as a Contract & Customer Coordinator
Working closely with the UK&NL Originators, you will be responsible for operational on-boarding of new contracts: making sure that the registration for new contracts towards external service suppliers and authorities is done timely and correct and contract details are shared within BA markets to facilitate the internal setup of the contract. You will ensure efficient business processes such as contract settlement, and take care of ad hoc issues that could harm any of such processes to be performed effectively.
You will also be responsible for maintaining operational relations with your assigned customers, connecting with key business users and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers, suppliers and market authorities and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful operations to our customer needs.
Your work will focus on BA Markets’ UK business: mostly wind PPA’s and our BtB customer business, with growth planned in other segments. In addition, you will be required to provide occasional support for NL business. The function is located in Amsterdam, regular interfacing with colleagues in Hamburg is required. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your internal and external customers
- Maintain strong, long-lasting operational relationships with customers
- Become an expert in relevant parts of UK grid codes and keep up to date with changes to grid codes.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects
- Implement and maintain contract database for customer contracts and details
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies
- Work with the Finance department to coordinate contractual requirements and ensure correct invoicing towards the customer
- Support Origination to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions
- Constantly improve both the on-boarding procedure and the operational process
- Secure quality of data within systems once maintained
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
You are a proactive professional that likes to work independently. You have the ability to manage multiple on-boardings at a time while paying strict attention to detail. You also work in a structured and organised manner, manage vast amounts of information and keep overview in a complex environment.
- Academic degree
- Proven contract / account management or other relevant experience
- Experience in delivering client-focused service based on customer needs as well as taking into account internal and external requirements
- Experience in the Dutch and UK energy market desirable
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and fluency in English is required.
Amsterdam and willingness to travel to UK and Hamburg
For more information about the process you can contact Felice Voerman, Recruiter, +31615330697. For more information about the position you can contact Bert Steenbergen, Director Sales & Origination NL/UK, +31 654 28 14 57. We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. Thank you.