Are you a self-starter, that thrives in a small team with lots of autonomy? And are you eager to further optimize processes around sourcing and invoicing, based on your own administration experiences and negotiate world-class deals? In that case this job could be the right one for you.
For our office in Hamburg or Stockholm we are looking for the right person to fill the position as Contract Manager (m/f) (BA Markets)!
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimization and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group.
You will be joining the small VCM (Vendor & Contract Management) team within ETRM of very dedicated, enthusiastic people that cooperate closely together but are also completely responsible themselves for their tasks and are located on different sites. The purpose of the department is to monitor, channel and/or act on any service requests to the ‘outside world’, secure Market’s optimal cross country software and market data license usage & costs and safeguard it’s compliancy with the contractual obligations. VCM strives to create full cost transparency over the various users and departments, allowing complete cost control. They maintain the contractual vendor relationship and act as escalation point in case of disputes.
The department is permanently going through organisational change and will keep re-inventing itself. VCM started in 2010 to manage the existing agreements. This has been further developed over time where a contract and license management system was set up, the scope of IT contracts was extended to Market Data and Consultancy and a detailed level of cost transparency was set up in Qlikview allowing business to start steering themselves as well. Together with the most recent reorganization impact, VCM was therefore in a position to effectively demand manage and renegotiate contracts in close cooperation with the business. The next focus will lie in the fact that we need to integrate our current way of working in the upcoming changes around sourcing and Procure 2 Pay (the FOXTROT project) while securing contract quality, compliancy, cost effectiveness and service quality.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be accountable for the correct contracting, dispute handling, administration of licenses & usage within the different business units as well as the related contracts & costs in our license management system (INFOmatch). The Contract Manager monitors demand requests through all internal channels and enters or supports purchase requests and invoice handling. Where disputes arise, you will be responsible to come with mutual acceptable arrangements between the internal client and the vendor to secure a cost-effective and sustainable resolution.
Thus the job ranges widely between administrative data entry and analysis tasks, supporting projects in their contractual requirements setting for new to be bought services, negotiate pricing on existing agreements with vendors and up to hosting higher management escalation meetings to settle disputes.
It will require therefore great flexibility, creativity, pro-activeness and all with a very service oriented mindset. Your direct colleagues will act as sparring partners in any challenges you might face and will closely guide you in the first months on the job. The work is roughly split in vendor portfolios - the contract managers decide between themselves who will be responsible for which vendor where also physical location could play a role.Sourcing, Contracting & Vendor Management related:
- Identifies proactively and acts on new cost-effective opportunities within the vendor portfolio
- Re-negotiates existing agreements, aligns with Procurement on new identified sourcing needs and where needed, will facilitate such process.
- Safeguards Market’s contract requirements in any new sourcing activity and negotiates such terms where needed.
- Acts as escalation point and therefore responsible for the successful settlement of any disputes that may arise from the fact we are receiving ordered goods and services.
Administration, License Management & Compliancy related:
- Responsible for license administration and related hard/softcopy files. Keeps the license management system up-to-date, including monitoring and processing organizational changes and uploading applications and data permissioning with external parties (Thomson Reuters DACS / Nasdaq NORA).
- Responsible and hosting any vendor driven audits on our license compliancy that you are administrating yourself and if applicable, settle on a best outcome.
- Checks and assists in the fulfilment of service requests.
- Addresses effectively any mismatch between contracted and used amount of licenses under existing agreements.
- Where applicable, challenges vendors in cases of incorrect invoicing, issues with service delivery etc.
- Aligns with the various system specialists/owners/responsibles with regard to licenses and usage statistics of such systems (Endur, Trayport, TradeSignal, etc)
- Supports the different local Finance and Controlling departments with regards to invoice reconciliation and approval.
- Expected to proactively deliver relevant input and support for continued further optimization of the source, order and invoice handling processes.
As stated, the organization is in a constant state of change. This will be reflected in the continuous change of scope and focus of the function, where partly also yourself will be responsible to drive that scope. In any current state of focus, we expect however your full dedication to the works assigned and/or your eagerness to develop the skills necessary.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Ideally you have a College or University of Applied Sciences degree in Engineering, IT, Business Administration, Information Management or related area, and
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (able and eager to develop)
- Self-starter / Independent, likes to run his/her own ‘business’.
- Highly service and solution oriented.
- Analytical, precise & flexible.
- High Affinity with databases, analytics, administration, finance, legal, contracts.
- Fluent in English (Also fluent in one the following languages: Dutch, Swedish and/or German).
- Good Excel skills.
- Experience in the area of license administration and/or management, ideally in a Trading IT and/or Market Data environment preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP, INFOmatch, Ariba, Qlikview is preferred.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Vice President Operations within BA Markets, Patrice Petong, +491749063543. For information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +4940790227788 or apply directly via the application button stating also your salary expectation and earliest start date.