Are you a self-starter who thrives in a small team with lots of autonomy? Are you eager to further optimize processes around sourcing and invoicing, based on your own administration experiences and negotiate world-class deals? In that case this job could be the right one for you.
For our office in Hamburg or Stockholm we are looking for the right person to fill the position of Contract Manager for BA Markets!
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimization and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group.
You will be joining the small VCM (Vendor & Contract Management) team with very dedicated, cooperative, and enthusiastic colleagues. The team is located on different sites but you will find a well-balanced setup between close cooperation and clear responsibility for specific tasks. The purpose of the department is to secure BA Market’s software- and market data license usage & costs and safeguard the compliance with contractual obligations. VCM strives to create full cost transparency and cost controlling for our external IT & Market Data contracts. VCM maintains the full contractual vendor relationship from contract negotiations to escalation point in case of disputes.
VCM - a history of change and success:
The team started in 2010 with managing the existing IT contracts and a professional contract and license management system was set up. The scope was extended to Market Data and Consultancy. This extension created a higher demand for detailed cost transparency - to support business peers in steering their contracts and deliver support in decision taking. Today VCM is effectively managing this demand and takes care of contract (re)negotiations in close cooperation with the business. Also during times of change the team ensures high contract quality, compliance, cost effectiveness and service quality and will be able to proof this in the upcoming changes as well (new Sourcing- and ‘Procure 2 Pay’ processes).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be accountable for the correct contracting, dispute handling, administration of licenses & usage within the different business units, as well as the related contracts & costs in our license management system (INFOmatch). You monitor demand requests, support purchase requests and invoice handling. Where disputes arise, you will be responsible to come up with mutual acceptable arrangements to secure a cost-effective and sustainable resolution.
The range of your activities is broad and goes from administrative data entry and analysis tasks, over to supporting projects in their contractual requirements setting for new to be bought services. Price negotiations with vendors as well as hosting higher management escalation meetings to settle disputes is part of the role.
The position requires great flexibility, creativity, pro-activeness and a very service oriented mindset. Contract Managers manage their own vendor portfolios e.g. based on physical locations or logical clusters. Still your direct colleagues will act as sparring partners in any challenges you might face and will closely guide you in the first months on the job.
Sourcing, Contracting & Vendor Management related:
Administration, License Management & Compliancy related:
- Identifies proactively and acts on new cost-effective opportunities within the vendor portfolio
- (Re-)negotiates contracts & agreements
- Aligns with Procurement on new identified sourcing needs and where needed, will facilitate such process
- Safeguards and negotiates Market’s contract requirements in any new sourcing activity
- Acts as escalation point and is responsible for the successful settlement of any disputes
- Responsible for license administration and related hard/softcopy files. Keeps the license management system up-to-date, including monitoring and processing organizational changes and uploading applications and data permissioning with external parties
- Responsible and hosting any vendor driven audits on our license compliancy
- Checks and assists in the fulfilment of service requests
- Addresses effectively any mismatch between contracted and used amount of licenses under existing agreements
- Challenges vendors in cases of incorrect invoicing, issues with service delivery etc.
- Aligns with the various system specialists/owners/responsibles with regard to licenses and usage statistics of systems
- Supports the different local Finance and Controlling departments with regards to invoice reconciliation and approval
- Drive further optimization of our order and invoice handling processes
At BA Markets you are working in a very flexible but also demanding environment under constant change. This might also reflect in the scope- and focus changes of your function while we still expect your full dedication to your tasks and count on your eagerness to develop new skills when necessary.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.Your Profile:
Ideally you have a College or University Degree of Applied Sciences degree in Engineering, IT, Business Administration, Information Management or related area, and
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (able and eager to develop)
- Self-starter / Independent, likes to run his/her own ‘business’
- Highly service and solution oriented
- Analytical, precise & flexible
- High Affinity with analytics, administration, finance, legal, contracts
- Very good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Swedish, Dutch or German is advantageous
- Good Excel skills
- Experience in the area of license administration and/or management, ideally in a Trading IT and/or Market Data environment preferred (or ability/willingness to get acquainted into these topics)
- Knowledge of SAP, contract management tools (e.g. INFOmatch), Ariba or Qlikview would be an advantage
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Director ETRM within BA Markets, Sylvia Huthöfer, +4915254626357. For information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +4940790227788 or apply directly until September 26th, 2018 via the application button stating also your salary expectation and earliest start date.