Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of
Dispatch Manager (m/f)
Dispatch is responsible for BA Markets across all customer/ counterpart segments and product categories for the Continental markets.
Offer: two-year contract
Do you want to shape the future?
Your job as a Dispatch Manager:
As an Dispatch Manager you are working in a multi-national and dynamic environment. You are responsible to take the right decision for all Vattenfall asset in the intraday time frame. As a member of the 24/7 team you are the main contact to all transmission operator and assets. You are managing the conventional asset park also the renewable world and the demand management of our customer. We continually develop and adapt our processes to changes in the market, securing and maximizing value for the Vattenfall Group. Our ambition is to be the benchmark of the industry. Key responsibilities:
As an Dispatch Manager in Dispatch Continental your main areas of responsibility will be:
Your profile as a Dispatch Manager:
- Conducting physical online optimization aiming to maximize profits out of portfolio opportunities and minimize the variable costs in cases of outages and must runs
- Managing all Vattenfall and customer portfolios for which decision in the intraday time frame are needed
- Planning the intraday heat demand and utilizing the additional possibility between Power/ Heat and Gas
- Optimization of power plant utilization considering the up-to-date power plant availabilities and the labor-related costs
- Managing the intraday re-dispatch process
- Responsible for the Intraday remit process
- University degree or comparable professional education with additional qualification
- 2 up to 5 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of German/ English spoken and written further Dutch language skills would be highly advantageous
- A background in the management of an asset would be highly advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and technical skills
- Highly team oriented
- High willingness of decision making on own analysis
- Strong commercial thinking and understanding
- Reliable and stress-resistant, pro-active behavior
- Goal and result oriented
- Willingness to work in shift
- Travelling is required
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Business Unit (BU) Assets has the ambition to maximize the value of all Vattenfall assets. It is responsible for the development and execution of an appropriate hedge strategy of the overall exposure of Vattenfall. Assets supports Vattenfall on decisions about investments and divestments. The responsibility includes the planning and optimization of Vattenfall conventional assets and the dispatch of all Vattenfall and contracted 3rd party assets.More Information
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Michael Breezmann +4940668780 333.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Selma Budak +494079022 7788. We look forward to receive your application!