Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Engineering Manager in the department Engineering within OU Heat Projects for one or more projects in Sweden. Future projects might be in Germany or The Netherlands .
OU Heat Projects develops and realizes all new build, LTE (life time extension) and nonstandard modification projects of BA Heat. The department Engineering is an international team with highly qualified professionals within OU Heat Projects. The department Engineering is responsible for the complete design process from developing and comparison of technical concepts in the earliest phase of the project, via the technical specification of a plant in the invitation to tender, technical bid evaluation and negotiation up to and including commissioning and start-up. The department also delivers support to projects for scheduling, cost estimating and QA/QC management.
What are the responsibilities of the Engineering Manager?
New build projects and plant modifications are often engineered by contractors based on specifications and requirements defined by the department of Engineering. This process requires steering, guidance and control to assure compliance with Vattenfall standards and site specific requirements and to ensure correct alignment with specific maintenance and operational requirements. For smaller plant changes, basic and detailed engineering may be performed by the engineering department.
The Engineering Manager will lead the engineering team in developing the Front End Engineering, Basis of Design (BODs), Basic Design Packages (BDPs) and Technical Specifications in the invitation to tender in order to assure all technical aspects are included in the projects and assure alignment with specific operational and maintenance requirements. The Engineering Manager will engage a team of discipline engineers where required and will guide this team and contractors to a good project end result. The Engineering Manager will be part of the Management team of the Project.
As Engineering Manager you will manage the engineering team in our projects by:
• Using “people Skills” to build and motivate engineering teams.
• Be a sparring partner for the project manager and the rest of the project management team.
• Bringing in your management expertise to direct and monitor (lead) engineers and Project engineers with special focus on interfaces required by concurrent project execution to achieve quality deliverables according to the Engineering Plan.
• Setting up a resource planning and getting the right resources according to the resource plan.
• Assuring high safety, technical integrity and quality, including required authority approvals.
• Ensuring or assisting in quality assurance and quality control in engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up phase.
• Ensuring that generic and specific maintenance are included as well as operational requirements.
• Share knowledge with team members through training, promotion of best practices and provide ongoing expert support.
You will report to the Manager Engineering Netherlands, Heat Projects.
What are we looking for?
Our successful candidate has a relevant University degree in chemical, mechanical, energy or process engineering, with a minimum of 5-10 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction. You have a very good command of English and Swedish, command of German or Dutch is a plus.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbally and in writing.
• Good interpersonal and management skills.
• Structured worker with ability to structure work of others.
• Self-propelling and a good team player
• Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive.
• Knowledge of the Vattenfall project framework is a benefit.
• Thorough knowledge of the Engineering Process
• Good focus on safety and safety in design.
• You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and are willing to travel.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Chris Nijhof, +31 6 5431 8836. Formore information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com . Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Christian Magnusson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover, last day to apply 28th May 2017.