For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to fill the position of a Market Access Application Specialist in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Market Access & Logistics team.
You will be part of the Market Access & Logistic team, which holds IT technical competencies as well as in-depth business knowledge about exchanges, products and trading processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious IT professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Market Access & Logistics enables business in BA Markets through a timely and sustainable delivery of application development and support in the area Energy Logistics and Trading. We are operating all trading applications within BA Markets.
You will be responsible for our Market Access applications from system analyses, daily support to change management. This includes the coordination of external software suppliers, configuration management, follow-up on market changes and on-the-floor trader support.
Our Front Office uses products like Trayport, Exxeta Trade Client, Exxeta Internal Markets, Reuters and Tradesignal. We are providing all Front Office applications in a virtual desktop environment.
Your job as a Market Access Application Specialist
We are looking for:
- Maintenance and development of BA Market`s Trader Desktop
- Front Office support for all type of tools, from deal entry to position management
- Active communication to traders and other IT departments in Vattenfall
- Transferring business requirements into solutions and changes
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in trading applications and trader tools (e.g. Excel)
- Communication with external & internal Software suppliers
- Participating actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Participating in the on call team supporting 24x7 business critical applications
Our successful candidate has a university degree in Business and Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of three years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. Basic commodity/energy trading knowledge or a financial trading background are beneficial.
Your personal characteristics:
- Being team oriented and an excellent communicator
- Knowledge and experience with complex soft- and hardware solutions
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Two of the following technical skills will be required: Python, Excel/VBA, .NET or Java, SQL (Oracle or MSSQL).
- Hands-on application support experience
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business- and technological developments
- High degree of commitment
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain; From 1st level support up to supplier coordination
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.Location:
HamburgOur Organization: Business Area (BA) Markets
maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.The Operational Unit (OU) Operations
is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam. More Information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Tobias Soyka +494024430 362. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +494079022 7788. We look forward to receiving your application!