For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to fill the position of a ETRM Software Engineer in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Market Access & Logistics team.
You will be part of the Market Access & Logistics team, which holds IT technical competencies as well as in-depth business knowledge about exchanges, products and trading processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious IT professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Your main tasks & responsibilities:
Market Access & Logistics enables business in BA Markets through a timely and sustainable delivery of application development and support in the area Energy Logistics and Trading. We operate all trading related applications within BA Markets.
You will do development and maintenance of our front office and logistics systems, including daily support and change management. The team does both, evolutionary development on existing in-house developed software and from-the-scratch development of new tools. We support our trading analysts with “state of the art” software development for algorithmic trading.
Your main focus will be the development of new software, to be used by our Trading department and maintenance / re-engineering of existing legacy tools.
We use the following technologies: Microsoft .NET Framework / Core (C#), Angular5+, JIRA, Microsoft DevOps (aka VSTS), Microsoft Azure, Oracle Database and SQL Server.
Your job as an ETRM Software Engineer
We are looking for:
- Front Office and Logistics support for existing tools, e.g. Power Intraday position handling, gas trading applications, market (exchange) access application
- Active communication to traders and other IT departments in Vattenfall as well as communication with internal and external software suppliers
- Transferring business requirements into solutions and changes
- Change management
- Configuration management
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in trading applications and trader tools
- Maintain legacy software applications
- Participating actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Participating in the on call team supporting 24x7 business critical applications
- Maintaining and developing web and Windows application with Microsoft .NET Framework / Core in C#
- Maintaining and developing data access layer using SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Developing front-end applications using Angular 5+
- Writing unit tests
- Maintaining and developing Azure-based applications, cloud-native
Our successful candidate has a university degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of two years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. Basic commodity/energy trading knowledge or a financial trading background are of benefit. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
Your personal characteristics:
- Following technical skills will be required: .NET, SQL Server, Angular 5+, Kafka messaging, AKS.
- Also good to have knowledge in analytical modeling using Python, Excel/VBA
- Knowledge and experience with complex soft- and hardware solutions
- Hands-on application support experience
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business and technological developments
- High degree of commitment
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain: From 1st level support up to supplier coordination
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Our OrganisationBusiness Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.The Operational Unit (OU) Operations
is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations consists of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.More Information
For more information about the role you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Tobias Soyka, +494024430 (362). In case of questions regarding the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Selma Budak, +494079022 (7788).
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter in English no later than December 6th, 2018. Please also indicate your salary expectation and your possible start date.We are looking forward to receiving your application!