Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Gas Portfolio Manager in Gas Trading, BA Markets, as part of the Vattenfall organisation.
Your job as a Gas Portfolio Manager:
Vattenfall Gas Portfolio Optimisation (GPO) manages the growing and evolving customer portfolio for Vattenfall´s pan-European gas supply portfolio with two million customers and with assets (CHP and CCGTs) that have a combined gas consumption of 10 GW. GPO is responsible to analyse, plan, negotiate, contract and optimize a portfolio of contracts to achieve the best possible financial result and manage the risks associated. GPO facilitates the growth of the Vattenfall gas business.
As an Gas Portfolio Manager in Gas Trading your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Analyse, understand, create and operate a complex portfolio of contracts to manage various sources of risk in pan-European locations in a profitable manner
- Analyse and understand the traded gas markets both, fundamentally and technically to create profits
- Manage and optimize a portfolio with structured exposure out to 5 years ahead
- Create and manage a portfolio of swing and storage contracts
- Analyse long-term flexibility needs in the portfolio and help to create an adequate flexibility and commodity portfolio to manage a significant exposure
- Manage the interface to the asset owners, sales units and adjacent departments (such as the forecasting, analysis and logistics department)
- Help to continuously improve work flows in order to increase efficiency and minimize operational risk
- Cooperate closely with other traders, originators and operators
- Optimize dispatch for gas storage and supply contracts
- Administer the positions in Trade Capture system and Gas Scheduling system
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and develop smaller tools for portfolio analysis
You will report to the Head of Gas Trading.
Your profile as a Gas Portfolio Manager:
- Bachelor degree level with technical and/or business background or comparable qualification
- 3 years of relevant trading experience
- Good understanding of the European gas fundamentals
- Programming skills in VBA and/or other programs
- Good economics knowledge
- Strong execution experience in trading markets
- Fluent in English and preferably German, verbal and in writing
As a person you are result-oriented and self-motivated to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment. You are an authority in this area and are known to be a driving force with the ability to influence others. You take on responsibility naturally. You have good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical skills and you are a strong team player. You are decisive and assertive as well as flexible.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Location:
HamburgOur OrganisationBusiness Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading
is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access. More Information
We welcome your application in English, including a CV and cover letter via the application button, no later than February 28th, 2019.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Guy Smith via phone +4940668780 156. For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Selma Budak via phone +494079022 7788.
We look forward to receive your application!