Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a Graduate Trainee to join the Operations & Maintenance UK team in Vattenfall’s BU Onshore Wind, Business Area Wind.
Overall purpose of the role
This graduate trainee role will support the Head of Onshore O&M UK and the wider O&M team (Commercial Managers, O&M Managers, HV Managers, Service leaders etc) who are responsible for safely operating and maintaining Vattenfall’s renewable energy assets in UK. You will have an important role within this team, supporting the resolution of both commercial and technical issues. Includes analytical support to maintain operational and financial performance.
This is a 1 year fixed term contract and offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop experience working in the Renewable Energy industry. At the end of the 1 year contract there may be further opportunities within Vattenfall but this is not guaranteed.
Your responsibilities as a Graduate Trainee
- Support the general operational management of Vattenfall’s UK onshore wind farms in line with Vattenfall Group strategy, policy and procedures
- Support the day to day commercial management of significant contracts, variations and claims relating to contractors providing service to UK onshore wind farms;
- Proactively support the O&M Managers and Service Leaders with all technical aspects of developing projects from construction into O&M.
- Coordinate procurement processes and ensuring that all procurement activities are performed in line with Vattenfall procedures e.g. Tender adjudication and appraisal, contract drafting and negotiation processes for contract renewals;
- Analyse the performance of plant and failures of equipment, drawing on support from the wider Vattenfall team;
- Analyse the operational and HSE performance of onshore sites including the performance of any contractors and preparation of regular reporting e.g. Monthly reporting on KPI’s, commercial analysis of data from SCADA, plant maintenance records etc.;
- Interface with the Finance and Controlling team for budgeting process for O&M works and LCOE reduction initiatives;
- Supporting O&M Team with stakeholder relationships and ensuring proper risk management procedures are adhered to across UK portfolio;
- Includes working with the Swinford wind farm (11 x Vestas V90 2MW turbines) in Leicestershire, the Pendine wind farm (6 x Enercon E48’s), Parc Cynog wind farm (5 x NEG Micon 750’s), Parc Cynog solar farm (5MW), Pen Y Cymoedd wind farm (76 x Siemens 3DD turbines) in Wales, Ray Wind farm (16 x Senvion 3XM turbines) in Northumberland, Clashindarroch (18 x Senvion MM82 turbines) in Aberdeenshire and Edinbane wind farm (18 x E70’s) on the isle of Skye,
Your qualifications as a Graduate Trainee
- Degree or equivalent level of education, preferably in a commercial/financial, general engineering or technical qualification;
- Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing English;
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management;
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take the initiative;
- A proactive approach to Health, Safety, Security and the Environment;
- Willingness to take on ad hoc work tasks and assist the site team where needed.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
London, Penzance, Hexham or PyC Wind Farm in Wales
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is Monday February 18th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31 6 15604138.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!