Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Head of Portfolio and Transactions Offshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Market Development Offshore department.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The Market Development Offshore department selects, sources and develops project opportunities and leads through to successful bids in offshore. The Portfolio and Transactions Offshore department ensures an updated outlook for all markets and a clear path of how to secure a profitable pipeline of +750 MW per year including a view on required business models. The task of the department is to select and source projects to fulfil the pipeline targets and complete transactions.
As Head of Portfolio and Transactions Offshore in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities
- Create short- and long term market overview ensuring focus on most competitive cost/revenue projects and understanding of the competitive situation in tenders
- Develop complete market strategy for core markets (partnering and acquisition) and non-core markets (where to go and entry model in cooperation with Strategic departments)
- Steer & coordinate the pipeline across markets to enable portfolio approach
- Conduct / orchestrate M&A and partnering activities on project and market level
- Lead / orchestrate entry into new markets
- Lead market development on the revenue side eg via Corporate PPAs, integration of offshore wind production into the system, develop new business models in cooperation with other parts of Vattenfall
- Secure input to regulatory positions papers and messaging towards stakeholders
What we are looking for in our leaders
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation and within a wind environment
- You have an outstanding network to policy makers, stake holders, and other players in the offshore wind market
- You have comprehensive understanding of market dynamics in Vattenfalls core markets and the revenue side of wind projects as well as experience with transactions
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In the new BA Wind set up we want to increase our focus on leadership development. Therefore, the BA Wind Leadership Development Program has been set up, which focuses on two aspects: the development of individual leadership skills and the development of management teams.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in a Vattenfall/BA Wind main location. Regular business trips are required.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Last day to apply is February 20th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Catrin Jung-Draschil, +49 40 27182198. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +49 40 790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!