Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Head of Technology Roadmaps reporting to the Head of Windfarm Design Offshore in BU Offshore Wind.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The Windfarm Design Offshore ensures our ability to deliver standardized and LEC competitive future winning windfarms and the Roadmaps play a vital role to realise this.
The plan is to establish Roadmaps covering the entire windfarm scope. The responsibility of the Roadmaps is to establish a roadmap for the products and systems used in an offshore windfarm. The Roadmap team will develop a strategy for each relevant product or service category including the requirements from the Projects (the Customers), LEC targets, technology development and supplier collaboration. The strategy leads to a defined number of projects which ensures that Products are developed, matured, contracted and handed-over to the Projects in Market Development and Project Delivery for bidding and subsequently construction.
As Head of Technology Roadmaps in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
• Implement the Windfarm Design function which is new in the BU Offshore Wind as part of the Windfarm Design function
• Develop and drive the Roadmap Strategies required for designing the winning windfarm – both externally with the supply chain as well as internally with Line Functions and other stakeholders
• Establish and manage the required number of Product projects to execute the Roadmap Strategy
• Deliver the agreed Products to Market Development and Project Delivery
• Establish an efficient cross-functional and multi-disciplinary work structure within the development of the Roadmap Strategy as well in the Product Projects
The location of this position is flexible but regular business trips are required.
We are looking for a Head of Technology Roadmaps in Windfarm Design who has a University degree (or equal) with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with an offshore construction background, within Wind or Oil & Gas. Experience with Line management and project delivery is desired. In addition, extensive experience with offshore wind products like wind turbines, foundations, transmission system and vessels as well as O&M solutions are preferred.
We are looking for a communicative change agent who can focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
Your personal characteristics:
• Ability to work in large and complex organization
• Good interpersonal skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and structural skills
• Proactive and comfortable with both long- as well as short term focus
• Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership
• Motivating leadership style
• As a leader, you are clear, visible and courageous.
• You lead change, you are accountable and you create trust.
• You are interested in leading business and developing people and teams.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Head of Offshore, Michael Simmelsgaard on +45 2787 4918.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter on +45 22570751.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 13th of August
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.