Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer for HVDC Technology for our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. Your main responsibilities will be to bring expertise into the business in HVDC electrical component technology and the design of HVDC electrical systems.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of an organization with special focus on Renewables, you are maybe the person we are looking for. You will be a part of the Electrical department with colleagues located across the various European locations. The preferred location for this position would be Kolding, Denmark with Hamburg, Germany and London, UK also being a possibility.
The department is the technical knowledge centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation face as well as the generation department.
Description of the position as HVDC Technology Engineer
• Concept development for HVDC Grid Connections including all electrical components in coordination with leading HVDC contractors.
• Converter station design (onshore and offshore)
• HVDC Cable design, testing and installation in on- and offshore wind farms
• Working as part of the a the Transmission Roadmap, and interfacing with HVDC contractors during FEED studies to optimise connection solutions.
• Liaising with supply chain to understand new technology developments and maturing of products.
• Technical representative during procurement, design, manufacturing and construction phase of grid connections.
• Preparing technical documentation
• Review of design documentation from suppliers and Contractors
• Supporting the organisation with technical expertise on HVDC components & systems.
Qualifications as HVDC Technology Engineer
• M.Sc in Electrical engineering
• Significant experience with HVDC OEM or with TSO
• Knowledge of HVDC converter technology and it application to renewable energy projects
• Experience with design and construction of on- and offshore HVDC converter stations
• Practical and theoretical experience
• Min 5 years of experience
• Good English language skills and a plus if you also have good Danish/German language skills
• Flexible approach to travel
You have a high degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset. You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. You have the courage to act on your conviction, and you display discretion under time pressure.
Hamburg, Germany or London UK or Kolding, Denmark
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you need more information as regards to the position, do not hesitate to contact Manager Ian Baker, phone +44 7976783717
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead we will remove it once the position has been occupied.
We look forward to receiving your application,
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.