Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Installation Engineer within Business Area Wind Offshore. Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for.
Your job as Installation Engineer
- Support the installation of turbines (in addition foundations, cables and substation) and coordinate installation activities on site. Coordinate the technical project interfaces between all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the process of developing the project specific contract strategy and follow- up on the identified possible interfaces when the contract strategy is in place (i.e. split in different packages).
- To the extent required, participate at the technical contract negotiations and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements, Interface Documents and Conditions of Contract are developed into contract versions. Ensure that latest lessons learnt are taken into account.
- Review method statements, risk assessments, lift plans, safety procedures and related documents for loading, transportation and offshore work. Utilize the Construction Support Toolbox (e.g. OPEP, Construction Readiness Verification Checklist, etc.) and derive required actions.
- Prepare and assist in e.g. the Marine Simulation Workshop, Technical Interface workshops, HAZID/HAZOP.
- Contribute to the analysis and optimization of the installation procedures prior to and during installation.
- Coordinate all MWS activities.
- Contribute that the load-out, transport and offshore works are being carried out in accordance with the Employers Requirements and best industry practice.
- Steer and motivate a team of client representatives on-board the installation vessel(s).
- Coordinate the day to day coordination and communication with the contractor, MWS and Employer’s Construction Manager resp. commissioning team.
- Monitor installation works and report progress, risks, risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Act as step-in for the Installation Manager.
- Manage that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project and included within the project close-out. Update the lessons learnt database and ensure that lessons learnt are shared and implemented within the organization.
- Assist the recruitment process for external experts as well as student interns. Coordinate their day-to-day work.
- Other relevant ad-hoc projects or duties as required by Construction Support.
- Participate in agreed personal development trainings, share the new knowledge within the team and make use of the new skills in the projects.
- Provide strategic input and support cross-project developments to improve Vattenfall’s construction management approach related to marine operations with the goal to make Vattenfall become leader in “Levelized Energy Costs” (LEC).
- Ensure that processes within the work package are standardized. Suggest and develop new procedures, checklists etc. where required.
- Support the M&A and development projects with input such as costs estimates and fact books.
- Liaise with the line management team organization, share knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
Your qualifications as Installation Engineer
- Bachelor/Master engineering degree. Additionally, you will have a number of years' experience within the field of offshore installation.
- Detailed knowledge about applicable offshore standards and guidelines (e.g. DNV-GL, ISO, IMO)
- Experience with marine risk management / MWS process
- Knowledge about offshore installation vessels and tools
- Tendering and contract negotiation skills
- Knowledge of and experience in managing works under different types of contracts, e.g. BIMCO, LOGIC, FIDIC, etc.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Good English language skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Well organized and structured work approach
The location of this position is flexible to the Vattenfall/BA Wind main locations (Hamburg, Kolding, London or Amsterdam). Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply is October 28th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Michael Hoffstadt on +4915237602075. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!