Vattenfall´s Business Area Wind is now recruiting an experienced “Installation Manager Foundations” for Offshore Wind. You take on the management of the turbine foundation installation with the goal of delivering projects with the highest degree of quality, on time, within budget and scope and at the same time secure an incident and accident free operation. You will participate in the negotiations and planning meetings with the contractor and manage all installation activities during the execution phase. You will align with the installation managers of the other packages and report to the Construction Manager.
You will be part of the Construction Management Organization. This is a solid opportunity for further development in a fast changing environment. The Construction Management organization is responsible for the safe and timely installation and commissioning of Vattenfall’s offshore wind farms.
In addition to work on a specific project the successful candidate will also be expected to work on other projects across our offshore portfolio.
Main responsibilities & work tasks as Installation Manager Foundations:
• Be visible and lead by example regarding HSE.
• Responsible for installation of the foundations, manage the installation contract(s) and coordinate installation activities on site.
• Review and confirm that method statements, risk assessments, lift plans, safety procedures and related documents for loading, transportation and offshore work are in place and accepted by Employer and MWS.
• Analyse and optimize the installation procedures prior to and during installation.
• Coordinate all MWS activities.
• Ensure that the load-out, transport and offshore works are being carried out in accordance with the Employers Requirements and best industry practice. Be the first point of call for rectification of installation issues and recommending appropriate course of action.
• Steer and motivate a team of client representatives on-board the installation vessel(s).
• Ensure day to day coordination and communication with the contractor, MWS and Employer’s Construction Manager resp. commissioning team.
• Ensure that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project and included within the project close-out.
• Monitor installation works and report progress, risks, risk mitigation and opportunities.
• Other relevant ad-hoc projects or duties as required by construction management.
Qualifications as Foundation Installation Manager:
• Bachelor/Master engineering degree, master mariner or similar. Additionally, you will have a number of years' experience within the field of offshore foundation installation.
• Offshore and onshore heavy lifting experience or significant understanding of principles and practices
• Detailed knowledge about applicable offshore standards and guidelines (e.g. DNV-GL)
• Experience with marine risk management / MWS process
• Knowledge about offshore installation vessels (e.g. heavy lift, jack-up)
• Tendering and contract negotiation skills
• Knowledge of and experience in managing works under different types of contracts, e.g. BIMCO, LOGIC, FIDIC, etc.
• Team player with excellent communication skills
• Good English language skills, an advantage if you also have Danish or German language skills.
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Well organized and structured work approach
Location: Hamburg, Kolding or Esbjerg
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, +45 22 57 07 51
We welcome your application in English including CV and cover letter via this page no later than the 30th of April 2017.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to your application!
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from the energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, solar, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliable deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.