Corporate Sustainability is now looking for a
who will support the team on various reporting and strategic projects.
Corporate Sustainability is responsible for:
- Identifying sustainability gaps and improvement needs
- Raising sustainability awareness, including providing best practice
- Sustainability interface to the Owner and external sustainability dialogue
- Developing Vattenfall’s overall approach for responsible sourcing and purchasing
- Competence Centre for Sustainability due Diligence
Corporate Sustainability is also responsible for the Sustainability Policy and the Code of Conduct for Suppliers, monitoring that sustainability is included in decision processes, and inclusion of Human Rights expertise in due diligence. The department offers sustainability expertise, support, and selective trainings to Business Units and other, secures integration of sustainability in the annual report and other relevant reporting, identifies relevant stakeholder actions, and build-up of new processes until implementation for “new” sustainability areas.
As Sustainability Intern you will be primarily supporting the annual sustainability reporting project, with a high possibility of supporting other strategic projects related to value creation and Vattenfall’s sustainability strategy.
- Support the project manager for the integrated Annual and Sustainability Report project
- Ensure sustainably facts and data collection according to GRI reporting guidelines
- Perform research and analysis on topics including best practices in sustainability reporting, valuation of social and environmental impacts, national climate strategies and policies, as well as ad hoc requests
Your Profil as a Sustainability Intern
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to draw out and synthesize the key takeaways of complex analyses
- Confident in quantitative analysis, modelling and visualizing trends or implications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to present analysis and ideas in English (Swedish, German and /or Dutch is favourable)
- Ability to work in large and complex organizations and to handle internal and external interfaces effectively on both national and international level
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or in course of completing a Master of Science degree (or equal) in Sustainability, Business Administration, Economics, Social or human science, Finance or Engineering.
- Genuine interest in sustainability and strategic issues. It is a clear bonus if you have previous internship experience within sustainability reporting or consulting.
We strive to be a model for diversity and look forward to applications regardless of, for example, age, gender, disability or ethnic origin.
Corporate Sustainability is one out of five departments within Staff Function Strategic Development. We are responsible for developing, defining, and proposing the overall sustainability direction including proposing requirements and specifications. The department supports the follow-up of Vattenfall’s strategic direction.
Start date: Fall 2017
Duration: 4 - 6 months. Details to be discussed with interested candidates.
For more information about recruitment process please contact recruiter Matthias Gramsch, via phone (+4940 79022 2308) or apply directly via the application button.