Sales & Origination Nordic is a performance oriented department located in Business Area Markets. The unit is responsible for planning and optimization of Vattenfall’s Nordic Consumption- and Wind portfolio and management of the physical power markets interface. The Nordic Intraday trading-desk secures deliveries in the intraday timeframe, which is a crucial part when optimising value of power production/consumption. Thus a key role for the realization of Vattenfall’s strategy to lead the transition into a sustainable energy system by enabling further investments in renewable energy. The team is expected to be innovative, high performing and flexible – ready to cope with the rapidly changing dynamics of the European Power market.
The role as Intraday Power Trader / Business developer:
As member of the Intraday-team you will work part time at the trading-desk in the dispatch center and part time improving our trading strategies. This implies developing our systems and tools for algorithmic trading, data management and decision support. The overall focus is to continuously improve our trading business.
The combined responsibilities provides an interesting and challenging role with varying tasks. Working at the Intraday desk implies scheduled shift work (including early mornings, late evenings and weekends), while business development offers flexibility and individual ownership. The role demands that you are creative and have the ability to think outside of the box – by designing and implementing smart solutions that will make a difference. Strong IT skills is a must to succeed in this role.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Act part-time as Intraday power trader in the Nordic dispatch center
• Take lead in development and continuous improvement of strategies and tools for algorithmic trading on the Nordic Intraday market for physical power
• Coordinate business stakeholder participation and IT demands, addressing processes, systems, contracts etc.
• Transfer business and functional requirements into technical requirements
• Challenge established solutions and initiate new business improvements
• University degree (e.g. Engineering, IT, Economics etc.)
• Programming skills (e.g. Python, R, Julia etc.)
• Strong business sense and a “trader’s mindset”
• Flexibility and ability to keep many activities ongoing simultaneously
• Understanding of how to facilitate cooperation and changes with different stakeholders
• Ability to work in teams as well as individually. We expect you to have a own personal drive and interest in creating high quality in all situations
• Knowledge of the power market and trading experience is a merit but not a requirement
• Good communication- and analytical skill. You should have a strong interest in Power markets and also have a curiosity to investigate and learn more about related business areas
• Fluent in Swedish and good skills in English
We offer an interesting and challenging job within a leading energy company in a field that gives good opportunity for strong personal development. You will be part of an innovative, dynamic and high performing team within an organization that strives for just in time excellence and continuous improvements. You will work in one of the central functions within the company.
For more information about the posted job, please contact recruiting manager Johan Hagsten, +46 76 139 6438, or Markus Bäck Team Leader Physical Trading and Forecasting Nordic, +46 72 712 28 18. For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Nidhi Illman, +46 72 702 7861.
We welcome your application including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page no later than 19th Jan 2018
We look forward to receive your application!
Lars-Erik Näsman, +4687395685,Unionen, Mozghan Amiri, +46702983370,Unionen
Mikael Sundby, +46705397007, Akademikerna, Marthin Westman, +46705396380, Akademikerna
Business Area Vattenfall Markets is the division where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralised for the Vattenfall Group. We are located in multiple sites across Europe with more than 600 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions and take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits. We optimise and hedge Vattenfall’s generation assets in order to manage risk efficiently and optimise the portfolio value. These activities are the basis for maximising profitability and ensuring continuous business growth for Vattenfall and its customers