For our location in Hamburg, we are now looking for an
Intraday Trader Power Your job as an Intraday Trader Power
As an Intraday Manager you are working in a multi-national and dynamic environment. You are key contact person for our internal and external customers. As a member of the 24/7 Team you are our trader on all important European intraday power markets and exchanges. Furthermore, you are responsible for the physical nomination of power deals and capacity reservations. We continually develop and adapt our processes to changes in the market, securing and maximizing value in the Vattenfall Group as well as the Vattenfall Energy Trading value chain. Our ambition is to be the benchmark of the industry.
- Keep track of the relevant market and market developments
- Provide an excellent market access and service to our internal and external customers
- Develop and successfully execute intraday trading strategies
- Improve the quality, speed and efficiency
- Foster advanced cooperation internally and externally
Your profile as an Intraday Manager Power
- University degree (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Economics etc.)
- At least 2 year of trading experience with a proven positive track record
- Goal and result-oriented trading skills – Algo trading knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Intraday Power system landscape
- Strong commercial mind-set in combination with very good analytical skills
- High willingness of decision making on own analysis
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of German/English spoken and written
- Reliable team player who is proactively supporting the team approach
- Reliable and stress resistent
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background. Our Organization:Business Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading
is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.More Information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Marcus Bokermann, Director Prompt Power Trading, +4940668780 322. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +494079022 7788.
We look forward to receiving your application!