Would you like to work for a growing ‘Start-up’ organization? Do you like the combination of daily operation and implementing future enhancements? Join our team at Powerpeers team as our new IT developer!
Powerpeers is a start-up company in the Dutch Energy market with an online marketplace for self-generated and renewable energy. Powerpeers is one of the answers to the changing energy landscape. Powerpeers is a relatively new name in the Dutch market and part of Vattenfall.
See for information also www.powerpeers.nl
We are a small, high-energy, experienced, cooperative team with a can do mentality that is determined to make powerpeers a great success. Our ambition is to accelerate the energy transition by creating innovative customer value propositions.
Now we are looking for the right candidate to fill the position as IT Developer within the powerpeers team!
Your role as IT Developer
The Allocation service is responsible for distributing the energy demand and supply of the Powerpeers platform users, also known as our customers. Our customers consist of both consumers and prosumers. The allocation mechanism that supports the sharing functionality is thereby the core of the Powerpeers platform. Your main tasks include further development of the allocation mechanism, including maintenance and support both for the Dutch market as well as for licensing purposes worldwide.
We are searching for a developer with both technical skills and process knowledge. Our preferred candidate is primarily able to help out with our daily operations regarding the allocation services, challenging the current functions, implementing future enhancements, but also supports with the front-end integration of the overall Powerpeers platform.
• Develop, maintain and improve the allocation mechanism and support with front-end integration
• Investigate production incidents/problems
• Create and align the backlog of improvements, prioritize items on the backlog together with the product owner and Platform manager
• Translate requirements into workable solutions
• Participate in sessions to further improve the allocation mechanism as part of the IT architecture roadmap and future strategy (including licensing concept) suitable for Powerpeers
• License Management; Quotes for licenses, approval of licenses and user account management
• Support with the investigation and solution of incidents regarding Powerpeers Office 365
• Technical management of Azure for Front-end and Allocation mechanism
• Monthly report regarding allocation data
You are a proactive and driven IT developer with a hands-on mentality. You are a team player, open to change, solution orientated and you have good interpersonal skills.
• University degree is preferred
• Deep knowledge and understanding of available IT-solutions
• Able to translate ideas to requirements to build
• Experienced in Agile way of Working (including user stories, backlogs etc.)
• Good understanding of Dutch Energy market processes
• Experience with some of these programming skills; VSTS/DevOps, C#.NET, SQL, Azure Cloud Services and JSON.
• Fluent in both Dutch and English
We offer you
At Powerpeers you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! Everyone is really committed, we have an informal culture and are passionate about what we do. And we want to be the best in what we do! We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Powerpeers enables people to lead sustainable lives by creating a marketplace and community in which customers can decide from whom they receive their energy and who to supply with their self-generated energy.
As well as sourcing self-generated electricity from friends, family or neighbours, users can also opt to source their electricity from one or more Dutch suppliers of wind, solar and hydropower. This enables customers to create their own personal community.
The location of this position Amsterdam, Paasheuvelweg 1.
We offer candidates a labor contract for one year. We welcome your application with personal letter and CV before February, 25th. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Recruiter, Eva Deen, +31611853543.