Vattenfall is one of Europe’s leading energy companies with trading activities in the global energy markets. We are strongly expanding into algorithmic trading and automated trade execution.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Lead Developer Trading Algorithms (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all energy commodity areas. The Business Unit Trading is bundling and further building up its algorithmic trading activities with a new trading algorithms development team as part of the Trading Analysis department.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Lead Developer Trading Algorithms:
Our ideal Lead Developer Trading Algorithms has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Develop and implement algorithmic and systematic trading strategies (including market making, arbitrage, flow execution, and proprietary strategies) together with traders and commodity analysts
- Monitor, analyse, and continuously improve the performance of the trading algorithms and provide related advice to traders, e.g., around trade execution
- Interface with IT on data management, analysis infrastructure, and trading technology aspects
- Play an active role in further developing the company’s broader algorithmic and systematic trading activities
- Keep track of the latest market developments and research around algorithmic trading both on the commercial and technology side, and provide related advise
- Adhere to and further develop the company’s algorithmic trading standards and best practices, incl. documentation, testing, and peer review
- Lead and mentor junior quants/developers
- Educate traders in relevant algorithmic trading topics
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its quantitative analysis output.
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, financial engineering or other relevant quantitative subject
- 3+ years’ experience in the algorithmic trading business at banks, hedge funds or (algorithmic) trading firms with proven track record
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
- Strong programming (esp. Python, C# and/or C++, machine learning techniques) and data management/analysis skills; experience with TT ADL clearly advantageous
- Knowledge of energy or commodity markets advantageous but not required
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- Leadership potential to take over the (formal) team leadership once the team reaches a certain size
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to grow a new business
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.Our Organization:Business Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading
is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.More Information:
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. Please send your application before 9th of August 2018.We look forward to receiving your application!