Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Lead Engineer in the Netherlands within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions (Inhouse). The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and is starting up in the Netherlands. You will become a member of the Country Management Team Netherlands. You will be responsible for the feasibility study, technical design and engineering of projects that enter into our sales/acquisition pipeline.
Fossil fuel free decentral heating solutions for new build and renovation projects will play a major role in the energy transition in The Netherlands. This new business venture will offer energy solutions for heat, but also include solar power, electricity, e-mobility charging, storage, sub metering and digital energy saving tools that combines the benefits of both decentralized and centralized energy production into a completely new service across Vattenfall. A service that fits our Real Estate customers’ needs, today and in the future.
This is a new way of buying energy. Vattenfall will design, install and manage the most optimal energy solution to achieve the smallest possible environmental footprint for our customers and yet being cost efficient. Offering a single point of contact combining hardware and energy-services into a complete and convenient energy solution – we aim to be the only energy partner our customers need.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be.
As Lead Engineer, you will play a vital part by compelling the most innovation, economical, yet reliable decentral energy for solutions Real Estate customers. Not just the generic concept, but the true technical design of the offers that we will put out are your responsibility. Once contracted and build, you will sign off on the technical specs of the delivered project
Your focus is to make us successful by designing and engineering iconic energy solutions.
- Responsible for the overall technical solution and design
- Responsible for the preparation of technical proposals, including technical sign of
- Responsible for drafting and owning design & engineering processes and specifications as well as creating standard design tools using software/models
- Responsible for quality of engineering from design through to asset management and operational performance
- Part of bidding teams and able to work collaboratively with the Sales team and Product Management team
- Responsible for being the main engineering interface with other engineering/design teams in the Vattenfall business across Europe
- Creating new innovative ways to provide low-carbon heat and contributing positively towards Vattenfalls’ zero-carbon targets
- Responsible for overseeing energy performance management of operational networks and ensuring they perform as designed – working closely with the asset management and commercial teams to hit P&L targets through strong asset energy performance management
- Ensure, by cooperation with peers, that we have capability to deliver on our customer promises
To be successful we believe that you have the following experience:
- 5+ year working experience development, construction and/or operation of decentral heat networks and energy centers and/or experience with heating systems in built environment;
- Proven experience as part of bidding and negotiation teams and with EU & NL tender regulations
- Proven experience with construction contracts
- Proven experience in a commercial/business setting (bid preparation, sales, consultancy);
- Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
- Proven track record of leading IT intensive product development and digital customer interfaces
- Balancing customer benefits with financial structures and risk mitigation in legal contracts
- Understanding of the Real Estate market and, preferably, understanding of Real Estate energy systems and decentralized technologies
- Proven capability to lead and inspire direct and non-direct reports
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
- A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
- Energetic and dynamic but yet a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
- Passionate about technology, engineering, digitalization, and creating the best (economical, performance, sustainable)
- A strategic thinker with very strong doer and hands-on abilities
- Passionate about being part of building a new business
- Degree qualified (preferably Engineering), with professional accreditation preferable
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply is November 21th.
For information you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31615604138 or mail marlies.vanheymbeeck@vattenfall,com