Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Area Solutions Lead Engineer within the Business Unit Energy Solutions. You will become a member of the Area Solutions SE Project Team and you will report to the Director BU ES SE. An all-encompassing role, you will be responsible to establish an engineering team designing energy systems for city development projects.
Our municipalities, property developer and property management customers across Sweden are seeking new ways to reach their climate targets and enable the citizens to live a fossil free life by managing energy on an district level.
This is a new way of operating energy. If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be.
Your main responsibilities as Lead Engineer
As Lead Engineer, you will be responsible to design the energy system that enables Vattenfall to offer services that fulfill the customer’s needs. You will be a part of developing and delivering low and zero carbon heating and cooling production and distribution, local electricity production and distribution and steering/optimization of all distributed energy resources. In this role you will be responsible end-to-end for the full engineering solution from energy modelling to design, inspection, commissioning and performance analysis.
• Responsible for the overall technical solution and design
• Creating new innovative ways to provide low-carbon heat and contributing positively towards Vattenfalls’ zero-carbon targets.
• Responsible for the preparation of technical and commercial proposals, including technical sign off;
• Responsible for drafting and owning design processes and specifications as well as creating standard design tools using software/models
• Responsible for quality of engineering from design through to asset management and operational performance
• Responsible for being the main engineering interface with other engineering/design teams in the Vattenfall business across Europe
• Part of bidding teams and able to work collaboratively with Solution Sales and Market
Development Managers to win tenders
• Develop standardized technical solution for end-to-end technical solutions
• Provide technical expertise for other business functions
• Ensure quality assurance for the proposed technical solution and compliance with Vattenfall governance processes
To be successful, we believe that you have the following experience
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
• 5 years of experience in engineering
• Experience of energy system design and optimization
• Experience with development, construction and/or operation of heat networks and energy centres and/or experience with heating systems in built environment;
• Expericnce with development, construction and/or operations of electricity assets
• Proven experience with managing bidding and negotiation teams and with SE and EU tender regulations;
• Proven experience in a commercial/business setting (bid preparation, sales, consultancy);
• Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact.
• Experience of commissioning and asset operation - real performance compared to modelled performance.
• Fluent in Swedish and English
The location of this position is in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Martin Sjöberg, +46707980395. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com
Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Göran H. Johansson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
We welcome your application in English and/or Swedish including CV and cover letter. Last date to apply 20th January 2019. We do not accept applications via email or after last application date. Selection and interviews are held after last application date.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation"
“At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.”