Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Manager for Offshore Logistics reporting to the Head of Construction Support Offshore in BA Wind. As manager for Offshore logistics you will be responsible for a team of ~10 employees and be part of an exciting work environment within the Offshore Construction Support department, working with all marine and logistics related matters for the offshore construction and development projects as well as offshore O&M.
Do you want to shape the future?
As manager for Offshore logistics you will part of the Offshore construction Support management team and have the following key responsibilities:
• Drive standardization and continues improvements in the Offshore logistics team
• Insure a clear responsibility split within your team to provide state of the art offshore logistics support to the Vattenfall construction, development and O&M project.
• Collaborate closely with other departments in BU offshore e.g. Wind Farm Design, O&M Delivery and Procurement.
• Overall allocation and coordination of team tasks and/or projects of the team
• Keep up and further increase the focus on health and safety in all we do.
What we are looking for
• You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment.
• Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
• You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
• You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
• Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. Our organization as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability and see the opportunities in a dynamic work environment.
The location of this position is flexible, in Kolding, Amsterdam, London or Hamburg. Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Process and time line
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is December 14th 2018, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Head of Offshore Construction Support, Thomas Bisgaard Hansen, +45 27875627.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, +45 22 57 07 51.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.