Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
As of the 1st of July 2017, Business Area Wind in Vattenfall has changed its operational model and restructured the organisation to a product line structure comprising three business units, namely Onshore, Offshore and PV & Battery.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Manager of Civil & Structural Engineering reporting to the Head of Engineering Offshore in BA Wind. You will be responsible for a team of dedicated engineers - both specialist and project dedicated in three departments and become a member of the Engineering Offshore Management Team.
The Civil & Structural Engineering department is responsible for securing industry-leading technical competences for building and operating an offshore windfarm from conceptual development, optimization on design, securing project development and execution and supporting the operational phase. Act as Civil & Structural technical knowledge supplier for the entire value chain, thereby ensuring full utilization of team and seamless integration into and across projects. Best practice are captured and build into innovative development of competence area.
As Manager of Civil & Structural Engineering in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- Drive the Civil and Structural engineering team to the next level ensuring that solutions and competences are on the fore front of the industry.
- Ensure a cooperative working environment supporting both the development of new and integrated solutions towards the product line as well as resources for effective project execution.
- Through the Design, Steel and Coating team, drive the Vattenfall standardization process and securing cost optimized and timely delivery of design methodology and tools.
- With the GeoScience team handle site survey and geophysical interpretation as well as geotechnical assessment.
- Drive R&D initiatives both in and outside of Vattenfall that can have an impact on future projects.
- Have framework in place for external support for gearing of organization. Proactive HSE leadership.
- Participate in supply chain interactions to ensure best market knowledge and supplier development.
- Drive stronger standardization of foundations and enable us to take technical leadership position in industry.
The location of this position is flexible to the Vattenfall/BA Wind main locations Hamburg, Kolding or London. Regular business trips are required.
What we are looking for in our leaders:
- You have an engineering background (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within the offshore wind industry.Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- You see the possibility rather than the obstacle.
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
In the Civil and Structural department we value the entrepreneurial mindset, the scientific basis for solutions and recommendation and will go the extra mile to help our colleagues.
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In the new BA Wind set up we want to increase our focus on leadership development. Therefore, the BA Wind Leadership Development Program has been set up, which focuses on two aspects: the development of individual leadership skills and the development of management teams.
Process and time line:
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is October 8th 2017.
By applying you agree to the use of existing assessment reports and Management Planning data in the selection process. Please note that this position might be subject for Security Vetting, which also includes national security controls.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Head of Engineering Offshore, Johannes Kammer, +4915254626326. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!