Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Manager of Wind Turbine Generator Engineering (WTG) Offshore reporting to the Head of Engineering Offshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Engineering Offshore Management Team. The WTG Engineering department consist of 3 sub department.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The WTG Engineering Offshore department ensures industry-leading technical competences on WTGs for building and operating an offshore windfarm. Act as WTG technical knowledge supplier for the entire value chain, thereby ensuring full utilization on projects and seamless integration into and across projects.Best practice are captured and made standard to ways of working.
As Manager of WTG Offshore in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide package management and pool of leading WTG offshore engineering capabilities.
- Ensure full utilisation of WTG offshore engineers.
- Have framework in place for external support for gearing of organization.
- Deliver WTG products via technical competences and resources for technology roadmaps, windfarm and operational projects
- Participate in WTG technical supplier interactions to ensure best market knowledge and challenge suppliers
- Drive stronger standardization of WTGs and enable us to take WTG technical leadership in industry
- Provide solutions for Interface Management and Certification solutions via. competences and resources
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in a Vattenfall/BA Wind main location. Regular business trips are required.
What we are looking for in our leaders:
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment.
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In the new BA Wind set up we want to increase our focus on leadership development. Therefore, the BA Wind Leadership Development Program has been set up, which focuses on two aspects: the development of individual leadership skills and the development of management teams.
The leadership profile will be an important input for the recruitment process and is at the same time the starting point for the development of the leadership skills of the individuals and the new management teams. In the selection of the new managers, not only the individual profile will be taken into account, but also the overall profile of the future management team, resulting from the sum of the individual profiles.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is July 30, 2017.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Head of Engineering Offshore, Johannes Kammer, +4915254626326.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact our recruiter Vanessa Koop at +494079022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Carl-Gustaf Angelin (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Jan Palmqvist (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00