Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Marketing manager, within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions, part of Vattenfall Heat UK. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and will next expand into the Netherlands and offers decentralised, low carbon energy solutions for B2B customers.
The UK business is growing successfully in the rapidly developing district and decentralised heat market in the UK. You will become a member of the UK Management Team and the European Marketing Team, reporting to the European Director of Marketing. An all-encompassing role, you will be responsible for developing and driving a strategic marketing plan from concept through to execution.
Our property developer and property management customers across Europe are seeking new ways to manage energy, in which it becomes an asset for them with opportunity and risk to be managed and realised. In our solutions, heat and power networks, and decentral solutions are integrated and digitalized. Generation technology is low and zero carbon, and customers are provided with a high level of service, underpinned by Vattenfalls long experience in operating decentralized networks across Europe, where we serve 2.2 million heat customers.
In the UK there is an exciting opportunity to establish our market engagement approach from the beginning and to coordinate all strategic marketing, lead development, marketing communications, and channel partnership strategies from concept through to execution. You will work closely with the UK Managing Director and the team on the ground and be part of the management team, but you will report directly to the Director of Marketing across Europe, giving you access to best marketing practice, resources and support from the Vattenfall family.
If you relish a challenge, you understand B2B marketing and you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be!
As Marketing Manager Energy Solutions UK your focus is to position us in UK as the forerunner and thought leader within heat networks and decentralised energy solutions. You drive consistent value for our customers through effective understanding of their drivers and coordinated customer engagement from brand and awareness through to lead generation through to service delivery and operations, to deliver a unified brand promise.
Your responsibilities as Marketing Manager Energy Solutions:
• Customer and Competitor insight and turning that into customer positioning and message
• Develop propositions in partnership with solutions and sales teams
• Building a marketing plan and driving execution of successful, integrated (content) marketing campaigns across the entire customer journey;
• Track and report performance of marketing activity
• Define and execute internal communication and manage internal relationships with Communications, Public Affairs, and Group Branding teams
To be successful we believe that you have the following experience:
• 7+ year working experience of B2B Marketing both on strategic and an operational level with clear evidence of delivering quantifiable results
• Experience of planning and executing integrated multi-channel campaigns – including events, online campaigns (seo, sea, e-mail), content marketing, social media, etc
• Experience of designing and developing customer journeys / customer experience would be beneficial
• Understanding of the energy market, Real Estate market and/or decentralized technologies
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
• A high performing individual with a commercial drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
• Customer focused; understands that it’s about customer’s needs and you have a strategic vision of customer and service concepts.
• Energetic and dynamic but yet a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
• Creative and passionate about B2B marketing and executing on marketing campaigns
• A very strong doer and hands-on person who delivers
• Entrepreneurial, self-starting and un-daunted by challenges in building a new business
• Able to focus on the country specific while actively participating in our international scalability and excellence
The position is based in London.
A unique opportunity set up a new organization in within a challenging and international work environment. You will be working with one of the largest heat suppliers in Europe, in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruitment via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is November, 24th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
In Vattenfall, we believe that the UK’s direction of travel towards a clean, competitive, reliable and customer focused energy sector matches our own ambition to help our customers power their lives in ever climate-smarter ways and be free from fossil fuel within one generation. Vattenfall’s vast heat solutions and network experience, working in partnership with cities and regions, can help drive the UK’s transformation to a zero carbon heat future.