Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Stockholm we are looking for a Nordic Power Analyst (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Nordic Power Analyst:
• Conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis to support traders, and play an active role in developing Nordic power trading strategies
• Keep track of the latest market developments, develop price views, and provide related com-muni¬cation and advice to traders and portfolio managers through various communication channels
• Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
• Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
• Educate traders in relevant Nordic power and quant topics.
Our ideal Nordic Power Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities:
• Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in, e.g., business, economics, engineering
• Experience in a trading environment – preferably in energy markets (analysis)
• Good computer programming (e.g., VBA, Matlab or Python) and database management skills
• Knowledge in energy economics and energy markets clearly advantageous
• Knowledge in pricing options and structured products clearly advantageous
• Experience with fundamental and mathematical models for power markets, and ability to steer business-driven model development in the respective supporting functions clearly advantageous
• Fluency in English and Swedish (or Norwegian alternatively) – both written and spoken
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share your knowledge
• Result oriented, independent working method with readiness to take on responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
For questions on the position or the recruitment process, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Erica Lindroth at 072-5725795. Please note that you can apply until 15 December after which the first selection will be made. A potential first interview round may take place the week after.
We look forward to receiving your application (via our website) in English, including a motivation letter.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Carl-Gustav Angelin (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 600 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall’s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.