Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as O&M Package Manager (Junior)
The O&M Package Manager is recruited into BU Onshore Wind and will be working in Onshore Wind projects during the earlier stages of projects being development and procurement, during the construction phase and also into the hand-over to Asset Management. The role sits within Day 1 Readiness in Project Delivery (Construction). The immediate support is required for development projects in Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK.
The principal task of the O&M Package Manager is to ensure the implementation of the operating model within new assets and facilitating a smooth transition from construction to operation. The role is a core part of delivering Day 1 Readiness and this is achieved by getting involved early, being embedded in the project team throughout the realisation phase.
Your responsibilities as an O&M Package Manager
- Promote the interests of operations within development and construction projects;
- Develop the opex and availability assumptions to help build strong business cases, including potential future cost reduction measures to lower the Levelized Energy Cost for new projects;
- Negotiate service and maintenance contracts (in particular for the turbine supply);
- Deliver a timely and efficient Hand Over of new wind farms to operations, ensuring Day 1 Readiness for the site;
- Participate in design reviews and quality control;
- Apply lessons learnt by improving internal processes and templates.
Your qualifications as an O&M Package Manager
- University degree, preferably a technical;
- Structured and accurate way of working;
- Performance oriented and proactive;
- Command of the English language is strong, both verbally and written;
- Proficient with MS Excel;
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities;
- Understanding of Operations & Maintenance;
- Experience of working in the wind farm industry is a plus;
- Experience of working cross-culturally and across global locations is a plus;
- Capable of working autonomously.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The preferred location of this position is Amsterdam, or Stockholm. There will be a need for international travel.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31 6 15604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is November 23.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!