Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as O&M Package Manager. The O&M Package Manager is recruited into BU Onshore Wind and will be working in Onshore Wind projects primarily during the construction phase however will be supporting the earlier stages of projects during development and procurement phases and also into the hand-over to Asset Management and O&M Delivery. The role sits within Project Support in Project Delivery.
The immediate support is required for development projects in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. The principal task of the O&M Package Manager is to ensure the implementation of the Generation operating model within new assets, supporting the project delivery team and facilitating a smooth transition from construction to operation. The role is a core part of delivering Day 1 Readiness and this is achieved by getting involved early, being embedded in the project team throughout the realisation phase.
Your job as O&M Package Manager
- Set up, ensure compliance with, and continuously improve Day 1 Readiness standards, templates, procedures & processes along-side the project/company standards in accordance with Vattenfall and BA Wind standards;
- Take active part in the Day 1 Readiness network and interface with other business functions;
- Promote the interests of Generation within development and construction projects;
- Develop the operational cost and availability assumptions to help build strong business cases, including potential future cost reduction measures to lower the Levelised Energy Cost for new projects;
- Develop the O&M strategies for new sites, specifying O&M requirements and developing fleet synergies;
- Support the development and implementation of logistics concepts;
- Manage the O&M budget for the projects and the delivery of other O&M relevant contracts;
- Negotiate third-party service and maintenance contracts (in particular for the turbine supply);
- Ensure HSE policies are part of the designs and O&M set up;
- Deliver a timely and efficient Hand Over of new wind farms to Generation, ensuring Day 1 Readiness for the Operational site;
- Participate in design reviews and quality control;
- Apply lessons learnt by continuously improving internal processes and templates.
Your qualifications as O&M Package Manager
As an O&M Package Manager you have a well-developed sense for structure and order. You are also flexible and service minded and truly believe that a better result evolves in cooperation with others. Our business is in an expansive phase and we need people who enjoy working in such environments.
- Structured, accurate and efficient way of working;
- Performance oriented and proactive;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the wind farm industry;
- Experience of the O&M phase for energy projects;
- Command of the English language is strong, both verbally and written;
- Proven track record in project management and an ability to simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability influence and lead others;
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities;
- Able to work in a team and build up strong relationships .
Nice to have:
- Experience in large-scale / complex construction projects (e.g. energy, infrastructure);
- Experience of working cross-culturally and across global locations;
- Strong commercial acumen and sound financial understanding.
The location of this position is flexible with workspace available in Amsterdam, Hamburg, Kolding, Solna or London.Our offer
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 4 March
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Our organisation:
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore Wind and Offshore Wind as well as PV & Battery. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.