Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for an Operations and Maintenance Manager to join the Pen Y Cymoedd (PYC) site team, part of the Onshore Wind Operations UK team in Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind.
Overall purpose of the role
The O&M Manager is part of the Pen Y Cymoedd site team and reports into the Vattenfall PYC Site Manager. This Vattenfall role interfaces with the contractor’s service managers / service teams to help maintain the PYC’s best in class operational & technical performance. Together with our main Service Contractors (e.g. Siemens), this includes overseeing/managing the day-to-day activities of the service leaders and service technicians to support scheduled and unscheduled work in line with maintenance requirements etc.
Together with our main Service Contractors, you are responsible for safely optimising the daily production and ensuring alignment of operational sets ups / operating models for PYC.
Your responsibilities as an Operations and Maintenance Manager:
- Control all activities on Pen Y Cymoedd with the support of the PYC Site Manager, through the implementation of rigorous and documented processes;
- Supervise, coach and develop Service Leaders and Technicians including coordinating work progress throughout the working day, work planning and recording in SAP;
- Monitor, analyse and manage the operational and HSE performance of PYC including the performance of any contractors;
- With the PYC Site Manager, manage the relationship with the local stakeholders including the transmission system operator with the support of relevant technical experts;
- Organise, support and assist in internal and external audits and inspections of own personnel and contractors for compliance with quality and safety standards;
- Provide out of hours and weekend response in accordance with the PYC site team’s Emergency Response Plan (Normal working hours are between Mon-Fri, 7am to 4pm on call rota for weekends and some flexibility required);
- Manage the permits, O&M contracts and owner administration for PYC wind farm;
- Maintain maintenance records, service manuals and procedures in the Vattenfall and/or Siemens’ Document Management System (e.g. AWPs, Method statements, etc) to support full historical traceability of service work carried out;
- Responsible for effective administration of documentation with regard to activities carried out on PYC including technical record-keeping with SAP, and clear separation of costs between service and warranty activities in line with the Service contract.
Your qualifications as an Operations and Maintenance Manager:
First of all, you need to show evidence of fulfilling Vattenfall’s leadership capabilities of being Clear, Visible and Courageous. In addition, you’ll need to have:
- A strong people management background;
- Ability to extract core content from complex and diverse information e.g. OEM contracts;
- Ability to influence over a wide network of relationships;
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Ability to lead and/or work within multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams;
- Proficient continuous improvement (CI) skills;
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information and reports for senior management;
- Happy to travel and work flexible hours as and when necessary;
- Experience of HSE requirements and industry best practice, e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH qualification;
- Experience with planning and scheduling tools;
- A technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical discipline is desirable but not essential;
- Work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farms is desirable but not essential.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Pen Y Cymoedd Wind Farm, Wales, UK. (near Treherbert)
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 31st January 2018. Interviews will be held in February.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail email@example.com
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!