Looking for the next step of your career? Are you enthusiastic about E-Mobility? Do you want to contribute to Vattenfall’s strategy towards smarter energy solutions? Perfect! For our team E-Mobility Germany, part of Vattenfall’s Business Unit E-Mobility we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Operations Engineer E-Mobility (Charging Stations)
The location of this position is Berlin/Germany.
In this position you will be working within the European Business Unit for E-Mobility, based in Berlin, London, Amsterdam and Stockholm. Our growth unit is responsible for Vattenfall’s E-Mobility business in Europe. Our unit is part of Business Area Customers & Solutions.You will be part of the German unit, thus liaising frequently with our IT team, suppliers and partners. You will be reporting to the Operations Manager in Germany.
Your job as a Operations Engineer E-Mobility (Charging Stations)
You will be vital in running a high quality operation of the charging stations in Germany. This includes reporting on performance of charging stations, 2nd line support to customer service and installation partners with solving technical problems (hardware and/or software related).
Your key activities will be:
- Active monitoring of charging stations, identifying issues before they occur
- Helping in technical problem solving of hardware / software of charge points, together with internal stakeholders
- Fault cause analysis in cooperation with IT and suppliers to support a continuous improvement process
- Periodic reporting on performance of charge points
- 2nd line support towards customers (liaising with the customer service team and IT) in solving (technical) issues
- Occasional on-site visits at customers to check/correct station settings and rectify faults
- Acceptance testing of new IT released to the platform
- Keep overview of issues for DE Operations & escalate issues timely if necessary
Your profile as a Operations Engineer E-Mobility (Charging Stations)
Do you have a pragmatic attitude and like to work in dynamic and international environment? Can you challenge the status quo? Are you a self starter that constantly strives for improvement? In addition you have/are:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree (e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering) or education as master craftsman, electronics technician
- Proven working experience, preferably in maintenance, commissioning, troubleshooting
- Experience with systems engineering and operations management
- Analytical assertive problem solver
- Team player and strong communication skills
- Commitment and willingness to take own initiative
- Fluency in both German and English (written and spoken) is key
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company. You will receive a market-orientated salary with good secondary benefits.
At Vattenfall we exist to help all of our customers power their lives in ever climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation. For this reason Vattenfall is scaling up its European business for electric vehicle charging solutions (E-Mobility) and expanding its E-Mobility team. Vattenfall currently operates more than 8.000 charging points in Europe - and our network continues to grow. Our E-Mobility business consists of electric vehicle charging solutions at people’s homes, business locations and in large cities. Vattenfall is building the E-Mobility business based on strong expertise in the energy business and strong relationships with partners (e.g. cities, car manufacturers, leasing companies).
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Bettina Keil via phone +49 40 79022 2289.
Key objectives of the Business Unit Emobility include:
- Grow the business of electric vehicle charging solutions, focusing on creating superior customer value
- Create clear profile towards customers through distinguishing charging products and services
- Provide superior customer service, with the highest net promotor score in the industry