Vattenfall is now looking for the right persons to fill the vacancy of Process Engineer in the department Engineering within OU Heat Projects for one or more projects in Sweden. Future projects might be in Germany or The Netherlands .
OU Heat Projects develops and realizes all new build, LTE (life time extension) and non standard modification projects of BA Heat. The department Engineering is an international team with highly qualified professionals within OU Heat Projects. The department Engineering is responsible for the complete design process from developing and comparison of technical concepts in the earliest phase of the project, via the technical specification of a plant in the invitation to tender, technical bid evaluation and negotiation up to and including commissioning and start-up. The department also supports in scheduling, cost estimating and QA/QC management.
What are the responsibilities of the Process Engineer?
New build projects and plant modifications are often engineered by contractors based on specifications and requirements defined by the department of Engineering. This process requires steering, guidance and control to assure compliance with Vattenfall standards and site specific requirements and to ensure correct alignment with specific maintenance and operational requirements. For smaller plant changes, basic and detailed engineering may be performed by the engineering department.
The engineer will contribute to Front End Engineering, Basis of Design (BODs) and Basic Design Engineering Packages (BDEPs) and project execution and supervision in order to assure all process and equipment aspects are included in the projects. This with the aim to ensure that equipment has the highest quality, can be safely operated and well maintained. The engineer will engage with other engineering discipline as and where required and will guide contractors to a good project end result.
As Process Engineer, you will provide technical support to our projects by:
- Bringing in your engineering expertise to deliver a safe, technical sound and high quality design for the process, equipment and building.
- Including optimum selection, fit-for-purpose specification of the process and equipment and its auxiliary systems.
- Take part in negotiations, evaluate bids of contractors and give award recommendations.
- Take part in design reviews and review of contractor documents
- Ensuring quality assurance and quality control in construction, commissioning and startup phase.
- Selection and specification of equipment shall be in compliance with international Codes and Standards and with Swedish and Vattenfall standards.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Project.
- Motivating, coaching and provide active guidance to colleague engineers, contractor personnel and/or contractor staff.
- Share knowledge with team members through training, promotion of best practices and provide ongoing expert support.
You will report to the Manager Engineering Netherlands, OU Heat Projects.
What are we looking for?
Our successful candidate has a relevant University degree in chemical, mechanical, energy, process engineering, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction. Knowledge of biomass- handling and incineration is preferred. You have a very good command of English and Swedish, command of German and/or Dutch is a plus.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbally as well as in writing.
- Managerial competences to develop in the direction of Engineering Manager are a benefit.
- Structured worker with ability to structure work of others.
- Self-propelling and a good team player
- Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive.
- Knowledge of the Vattenfall project framework is a benefit.
- You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and are willing to travel.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Chris Nijhof, +31 6 5431 8836. Formore information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com . Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Christian Magnusson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover, last day to apply 27th May 2017.