Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a Project Director Offshore Wind for Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind. As direct report to Head of Development Offshore and part of the international management team.
Overall purpose of the role
Take the lead role in the management of specific offshore wind farm projects from initial identification through tendering, consenting, design and procurement to Final Investment Decision in a cost effective, safe and timely manner to achieve pre-defined company targets. The role also includes taking lead responsibility for being Vattenfall’s offshore wind activity in the French market and, for example, taking the lead in contractor, stakeholder and partner management and negotiations at a high level and an operating project level. The role may also require providing assistance and advice to BA Wind on other renewables activities in France from time to time.
Your responsibilities as Project Director Offshore Wind France
Your profile as Project Director Offshore Wind France
- Operational management of large diverse project teams made up, for example, of Engineers, commercial managers, communications specialists, procurement specialists lawyers & planners - typically managing teams of 20 FTE and above;
- Reporting to, and preparing information for the Director of Offshore Development on strategy, project progress, budget management, project timelines, resources etc. Successfully managing projects through the internal approval processes;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of project management, lowering levelised energy costs and other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organisation and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace and maintain a competitive edge;
- Establish and manage internal and external (contracted) project teams and individual criteria/objectives to measure results against agreed performance standards;
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, consultees, contractors and Government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives;
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organisation and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development;
- Take responsibility for the production of relevant project reports and information to enable the Project Sponsor and/or Development Director to disseminate project information to company management and the Executive Board of Directors.
Candidates will have had a number of years of experience and a proven track record in successful project management. A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of offshore wind projects. Experience in successful project tendering. Strong working knowledge of the project development process and Health and Safety culture and regulations. Working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, marine logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters. An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation. Experience in external stakeholder management, public and regulatory affairs and lobbying. Experienced public communicator.
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability. Having experience in the wind industry is seen as a must. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
Must also have shown clear leadership values and consistency throughout his or her career. Must also have a proven track record of a consistent focus on developing staff and own skills and abilities.
Your personal characteristics:
- Ability to work in large and complex organization;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical and structural skills;
- Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership;
- As a leader you are clear, visible and courageous.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility , respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.Location
Paris, FranceMore information
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Senior Recruiter, phone +31654916494 or mail [email protected]
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 23 April 2017
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We look forward to your application!