Are you looking for a diverse workplace characterized by team spirit, flexibility and an open atmosphere and do you want to be part of a fast growing and dynamic business?
Then this might be your new challenge.
As a Project Manager within our team, you will be responsible for development projects for batteries at customer’s-premises.
You will be responsible for the management of stakeholder relations, the preparation of development and tender documents and you will provide assistance in negotiations with customers and for example gird operators. This goes together with solid project management administration, chasing deadlines and keeping a close eye on all the interests of the different parties involved in the dynamic environment of wind development. You will be responsible for the project management of various subprojects within a whole project in a cost effective, safe and timely manner. As a Project Manager we will help you learn all about the development of battery projects at customers.
The Batteries Team, part of Business Area Wind within the Vattenfall organization, develops plans into executable projects for our battery portfolio. In Vattenfall the unit currently consists of eleven employees and as the business is in an expansive phase, there is a need to strengthen the team with a Project Manager who will develop projects and bring them towards a final investment decision. Your focus will be on the development of projects at the premises of customers to help them become fossil free in one generation.
The Batteries Team is responsible for all large scale battery projects from the feasibility phase up until the Final Investment Decision. The team is currently working on projects in different stages of development ranging from the early feasibility phase to the preparation of the Final Investment Decision. Overall project development moves fast and in the dynamic world of batteries a strong and pro-active general project support and execution is essential for project success.
Your responsibilities as the Project Manager
- To development to deliver the project through internal and external milestones with the required material and approvals to a Final Investment Decision
- Planning, managing and controlling the project work towards the goal in terms of scope, time, costs, quality (special focus on "safety maturity level") and risk in accordance with the agreements made with the Project Sponsor
- Specifying required resources in terms of human resources, competence, equipment, premises, methods and tools
- Planning and delegating work packages
- Organizing project teams for construction and commissioning
- Create and maintain a good, long-term relationship with other departments involved in the projects
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organization and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development.
- Pro-actively reporting of potential deviations (opportunities and risks) from the agreed plans
- Negotiating terms with landowners and external stakeholders, in coordination with Vattenfall Legal
Your qualifications as the Project Manager
Candidates will have experience and a track record in successful project management. Working knowledge in the areas of project development governance process, procurement and contracting, and knowledge of relevant legal, political and environmental matters would be helpful.
In addition, you’ll need to have:
- Multi-skilled self-starter mentality, with high levels of energy & commitment to deliver
- Academic or Master’s Degree in business or engineering, or other relevant educational background
- Experience in asset-based development projects is preferred in order to get involved quickly
- Project management knowledge, like organization, resource management, personal leadership, project economics and time-management
- Ability to adapt easily to different environments (political stakeholders, government officials, business partners) and manage these different settings;
- Creative, problem solving and result oriented
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Well-developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format
- English is required, Dutch (as a second language) is preferable
- The successful candidate has to be prepared to travel and – on occasion – work out of officehours
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Amsterdam. Travel to the main offices of BA Wind will be required depending to the needs of the projects.
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English or Dutch, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is Februari, 25th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore, Offshore Wind, Solar and Batteries activities. Today we develop, construct and operate non-hydro renewable generation assets in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!